Valentineâs Day is quickly approaching. I thought Iâd share an easy Valentineâs Day Cards. Iâve been meaning to use Spellbinders Expandable Pattern dies to create an elegant embossed background for a card and finally gave it a go with the projects Iâm sharing today. All three of these cards are standard A2 cards and measure 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.
- IN-015 Shoot!
- S2-150 Heart & Flutter
- S5-164 Grateful Lattice
- SCI-001 Berry Black
- T-001 Tool ‘n One™
- MMM-001 Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Preferred Partner Products:
- Avery Elle: Lots Of Love
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: Dotz™ – Medium and 3D Foam Squares
- Want2Scrap©: 72 ct – White Pearls
- WorldWin Papers®: Cardstock (White)
Colored cardstock, glue
- Emboss a piece of white cardstock cut to 4 x 5 1/2″ using Grateful Lattice die. Thereâs no need to cut it, simply emboss using the embossing sandwich on your machine.
- Cut/emboss heart and butterfly using the Heart & Flutter die and one of the arrow die from the Shoot! set. Make sure to cut/emboss the arrow twice. You will need two pieces: a head and shaft and a tail and shaft.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 4â long and a little less than half an inch wide. Stamp a sentiment in black and feed the piece through the heart.
- Create a card base out of colored cardstock. Adhere embossed background onto a card base. Add a butterfly and two arrow pieces. Embellish the background with white pearls.
View Yana’s video tutorial below to see how she recreated this card set…
Play around with the heart placement on your card. Place it in the center, have it located towards the bottom, or slide it to the left or right.
Thank you for stopping by today!