Be brave. Those two words are our words for 2016. How about you? Do you have one too? How did you decide on yours? Reality is, that life’s circumstances, trials or celebrations probably all influence how we view our year and what we choose as our mantra. Michelle and I decided to create this project because we wanted it to serve as a reminder of our goal this year. So, let’s step out of the “fear” box and make this happen!
To create this home décor project, you will need the following:
3 pieces of cotton fabric (scraps)
Water Soluble Pen
1. Apply fusible web to three different patterns of cotton fabric and then die-cut the shapes from I Saw The Sign contour die.
2. Peel off the backing and iron the die-cut pieces onto muslin fabric as instructed per manufacturer’s instructions for the fusible web.
3. Attach fabric to hoop, tightening screw when completed.
4. Hand-draw sentiments onto muslin fabric using a water-soluble pen.
5. Use embroidery floss and a blanket stitch to finish edges of arrow.
6. Use embroidery floss and a back stitch to complete sentiment.
7. Trim edges of muslin. Adhere rick-rack to edges of embroidery hoop with a glue gun.