Hi. Julia here.
Today I’m sharing a 50th card featuring some dies from the new Rouge Royale Collection by Stacey Caron. This card could be for an anniversary or a birthday.
Spellbinders Supplies :
Other Supplies :
Card – Ivory and Gold Pearl, Embossing Ink Pad, Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder, Gold Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Cream Self Adhesive Pearls, 1/16” wide Ivory Satin Ribbon, Brad, Sentiment Stamp
1. Start by making the flower so it can dry while making the other elements. Cut #2 die from the Labels Fifty Seven Die Set out of Ivory Card 6 times.
2. Mist all the die cuts with water and then scrunch them up.
3. Open out all the die cuts and lay on top of each other, offsetting them to fill in the gaps.
4. Pierce the centre and add a Brad.
5. Scrunch each layer towards the centre starting with the top layer, misting with more water as necessary.
6. Once all layers have been completed, open them out slightly until the desired effect is achieved. Put aside to dry.
7. Cut and emboss the Fabulous Fretwork Die out of Ivory Card twice.
8. Cover the die cuts with Embossing Ink, add Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder and set the powder using a Heat Tool.
9. Stamp the Sentiment Stamp onto Ivory Card using Embossing Ink and emboss with Gold Embossing Powder. Cut and emboss #3 die from Labels Fifty Seven. Cut and emboss #4 die from the same set out of Ivory Card.
10. Cover the #4 Labels Fifty Seven die cut with Embossing Ink, add Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder and set using a Heat Tool.
11. Cut and Emboss #5 die from Labels Fifty Seven out of Gold Pearl Card.
12. Cut dies #3 and #4 from the Romantic Vines Dies set out of Gold Pearl Card.
13. Cut a piece of Ivory Card to 5 ¾” x 6 ½”. Emboss it using the Rose Tablecloth Embossing Folder. It will need to be run through the Platinum Machine twice as the card is bigger than the folder. The pattern on the folder is not a repeating one but the join can be disguised by having it in the middle where the card design will mostly cover it.
14. Set the cutting plate away from the edge of the folder to minimise the line from the edge. Run through the Platinum Machine. Repeat the process with the other side of the card.
15. Add the embossed background to a piece of Gold Pearl Card measuring 5 7/8” x 6 5/8”. If you wish, add to a piece of Ivory Card pierced around the edges measuring 6 5/8” x 7 3/8”, then Gold Pearl Card measuring 6 ¾” x 7 ½” and finally Ivory Card measuring 7 ¼” x 8”. Glue the 2 Fabulous Fretwork die cuts to the top and bottom of the background.
16. Stack the Labels Fifty Seven die cuts using 3D Foam, adding some Cream Pearls to the sentiment die cut.
17. Trim the larger Romantic Vines die cut a little and add both leaves as shown. Tie a bow using 3 lengths of the Satin Ribbon and add to the leaves then add the scrunched flower. Add a Cream Pearl to each corner of the background and the card is complete.
A special card that can be easily adapted for many occasions and many colour ways to suit.
Thanks for stopping by.