Hi. Julia here.
Today I’m sharing a Christmas card that includes some dies from the new Rouge Royale Collection by Stacey Caron. The dies can be used for any occasion but team them up with some holiday dies to make a great Christmas Card.
Spellbinders Supplies :
- S5-279 Triangle Fretwork
- S4-683 Labels Fifty Seven
- S4-686 Opulent Flourish Accents
- S4-602 Holiday Vintage Ornaments
- S2-237 Die D-Lite Holly
- PL-001 Spellbinders® Platinum Machine
- T-001 Tool ‘n One
Other Supplies :
Card – Ivory, Red, Green and Gold Pearl, Sentiment Stamp, Vermillion Archival Ink Pad, 3D Mounting Foam, Glue, Low Tack Tape, Scissors or Craft Knife
- First up is the Triangle Fretwork Die Set. There are 4 dies in this set – an outside cutting edge die and 3 decorative inset dies.
- Trim a piece of Ivory Card to 5 3/4” square. Position one of the decorative dies from the Triangle Fretwork Die Set in the centre of one of the sides of the card and secure with Low Tack Tape. Cut and emboss through the Platinum Machine. Use the Tool ‘n One to remove the fall away pieces.
- Position the same die along the opposite edge and cut.
- Repeat on the remaining 2 sides and mat onto a piece of Green Card trimmed to 5 7/8” square. Add to a piece of Red Card trimmed to 6” square and finally to a piece of Gold Pearl Card measuring 6 1/8” square.
- Next is Labels Fifty Seven. There are 5 dies in this set.
- Cut and emboss die #4 from Labels Fifty Seven out of Red Card.
- Cut and emboss die #5 from Labels Fifty Seven out of Gold Pearl Card.
- There are 4 dies in the Holiday Vintage Ornaments Die Set.
- Cut and emboss one of the baubles out of Green Card and the bauble top out of Gold Pearl Card.
- Draw around the inside section of the bauble and cut out using Scissors or a Craft Knife.
- Glue the piece cut from step 10 behind the window in the bauble. Add the bauble top.
- There are 4 dies in the Opulent Flourish Accents.
- Stamp a sentiment onto Ivory Card using Vermillion Archival Ink. Cut out using the banner die from the Opulent Flourish Accents.
- Assemble the elements onto the background as shown, adding 3D Foam as required.
- Shape the sentiment banner using your fingers and glue at the ends only.
- The final die set in this project is the Die D-Lite Holly Set. There are 3 dies in this set.
- Cut and emboss the triple holly die out of Green Card 3 times
- Cut and emboss the berry cluster die out of red card 4 times.
- Glue a pair of holly leaves and a berry cluster to each corner as shown.
I hope you have enjoyed this project.
Thanks for stopping by.