Hello friends – it is Linda here with an adorable little home decor project. It is perfect to hang in your home or give as a gift. I have had some fun using the Spellbinders Platinum Die Cutting and Embossing Machine and a little burlap. If you are anything like me, you will have many items sitting at your home that are “Platinum friendly!”
Spellbinders Products Used:
Cross Promotional Products:
SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: 3D Foam Squares and E-Z Runner® Tape
Want2Scrap©: Baby Bling – White Pearls – Self Adhesive and Scalloped Hearts Nestabilities
Burlap; Blackboard Hanging; Lace Flower; Small Mulberry Paper Rose
Adhere a square of burlap to recycled cardboard, using double-sided tape. NOTE: I have used a cereal box thin cardboard.
Cut/emboss one (1) using the Classic Heart Die #5 and #2 (#1 being the smallest) with burlap
Cut/emboss using the Classic Scalloped Heart Die #5 and #2 (#1 being the smallest) using white cardstock.
4. Adhere the burlap heart to the co-ordinating white scalloped heart using double-sided tape
5. Adhere the large layered hearts to the blackboard using liquid glue.
6. Adhere the Nestabilities to the large scalloped hearts.
7. Adhere the small layered heart to the large hearts using liquid glue.
8. Cut/emboss the sentiment using black cardstock.
9. Adhere the sentiment above the small layered heart using liquid glue.
10 Attach a lace flower and small rose to the centre of the small layered circles.
Designer Tip: When using recycled items such as cardboard, make sure that it is not forced through the Spellbinders® Platinum Machine – if it is has to be forced – refrain!!
Thanks for stopping by the Spellbinders Blog! I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. We look forward to seeing your comments and hearing what you think!