Hello everyone, This is Yana Smakula and thank you for joining me today! With Mother’s Day approaching fast I’d like to encourage you to create a beautiful Mother’s Day card you can give to your mom, mother-in-law or grandma.
I pulled a few of my all-time favorite dies from Spellbinders as well as some new stamps from Stephanie Low to create this project. Hover over the image below to see everything I used to create this project.
If you’d like to re-create this project, follow these simple steps:
- Die-cut and emboss heart using die from the S5-204 Lace Hearts Etched Dies Set out of white cardstock.
- Die-cut and emboss two hearts using dies from the S4-136 Classic Heart Etched Dies Set – a smaller patterned paper heart and a slightly larger vellum heart. Adhere patterned paper heart onto vellum one. Foam mount onto white cardstock heart.
- Create an A2 top folding card base, cover front using floral patterned paper from the Pretty Posy 12 x 12″ paper pad from First Edition. Create a 4 x 5.25″ panel out of vellum, foam mount onto card base to mute a part of the pattern.
- Adhere heart cluster onto vellum.
- Stamp & die-cut birds from the SDS-065 Swallow Stamp And Die Set by Stephanie Low. Color using Copic markers.
- Stamp “Happy Mother’s Day” sentiment from Clearly Besotted “Message Me” set in black ink, trim into a strip and foam mount onto a card. Foam mount birds next to the sentiment.
- Embellish your card using clear droplets in small and medium size from Pretty Pink Posh.
- S4-136 Nestabilities Classic Heart Etched Dies
- S5-204 Shapeabilities Lace Hearts Etched Dies
- SDS-065 Swallow Stamp And Die Set From The Spring Love Collection By Stephanie Low
- PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One
Other Supplies: White Cardstock (Neenah Solar White 120LB); Patterned Paper (Pretty Posy 12×12″ pad by First Edition, Trimcraft); Vellum; Copic Markers (RV14, RV13, RV11, RV10); Blank Ink (Hero Arts – Intense Black); Clear Droplets (Pretty Pink Posh – small and medium); Foam Adhesive (3D Foam Squares – iCraft).
Have fun die-cutting!