Hello everyone, Yvonne here! I am showing you how to make two cards using only one die-cut…simply by making one card using the positive and another using the negative. For today’s cards, I will be using Card Creator French Flair Etched Dies from the Rouge Royale Deux Collection by Stacey Caron.
Let me show you how to make both cards!
Card 1: Using the Positive Die Cut
- Die-cut French Flair die templates (use the die templates nested) from matte gold cardstock.
- Die-cut the outer frame from patterned paper.
- Glue the gold die cuts on the patterned paper using foam tape (cut into small squares and stripes).
- Mat upon pink cardstock size 6¼ x 6¼”.
- Thread some soft pink satin ribbon through and glue the ends to the back of the pink cardstock.
- Mat upon white cardstock size 6¾ x 6¾”.
- Embellish using a label, a satin bow and self-adhesive pearls.
Card 2: Using the Negative Bits + Pieces
- Place small pieces of foam tape to the back of the negative pieces and then carefully put them back into the die template (used as a guide). Remove the liner from the back of foam tape so it’s ready to be adhered.
- Carefully put a piece of white cardstock over the template with the negative pieces in it. Then rub gently so the pieces will stick to the cardstock.
- Turn over the paper and cut the white cardstock approximately at ⅛” on all 4 sides.
- Mat on a piece of 6¼ x 6¼” pink patterned cardstock.
- Add soft pink satin ribbon around the card base (glue the ends on back of pink patterned cardstock).
- Mat on a piece of 6¾ x 6¾” white cardstock.
- Embellish with a label, satin bow and self-adhesive pearls.
- Card Creator French Flair Etched Dies from the Rouge Royale Deux Collection by Stacey Caron
- PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- Cardstock: White, Pink, Matte Gold and Patterned
- Satin Bow; Printed Images; Self-Adhesive Pearls; Glue; Scissors; Paper Trimmer
It’s that simple to create two cards with only one die-cut! Wishing you happy crafting!
Hugs from Holland,
Yvonne van der Valk – van de Grijp