Father’s Day Kaleidoscope Celebrate You Today Card
Hello everyone, Yvonne here!
With Father’s Day approaching I’m showing you how to make a masculine card that made with the Kaleidoscope Collection by Lene Lok. For my card I used the die-template set Geo Steps.
Let me show you how to make this card!
1. Trim white cardstock to size 11½x6½” and fold to a card size 5¾x6½”
2. Trim kraft cardstock to size 5⅜x6⅛” and glue upon card base.
3. Trim patterned cardstock to size 5×5⅜” and glue upon card base.
4. Cut Geo steps twice from white cardstock and once from gold cardstock.
5. Glue the white Geo Steps onto the card base using 3D foam tape. Glue with both diagonal sides overlapping (this way you create an rectangle shape)
6. Glue some gold excess parts onto the card(also using foam tape).
7. Stamp sentiment upon white cardstock and cut a banner using scissors.
8. Glue the banner onto kraft cardstock and cut out the banner slightly larger than the white banner. Glue upon the card base.
· S5-281 Shapeabilities® Geo Steps Kaleidoscope by Lene Lok Etched Dies
· PE-100 Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform
· cardstock: white, gold, kraft,patterned
· sentiment stamp, black ink pad
· 3D foam tape, bone folder,scissors, paper trimmer, glue
Thanks for stopping by and wishing you happy crafting!
Hugs from Holland,
This is fabulous and would be so cool for a guy’s birthday. I’m not quite getting how you used foam tape to adhere the geometric frames to the card base. I can see the insets since hey are larger, but the “frames” seem too narrow for that. What am I missing?
Yvonne van de Grijp
Hi Debbie, Thanks so much!
This is how I did it:
I cut (using a craft knife or tiny scissors) small stripes from foam squares (as small as possible: smaller than 1/16 inch wide) and adhere those to the back of the geometric shape.
Some parts (where the lines connect) are a bit wider so that is the best place to put the foam tape.
Using tweezers is the easiest way to position the tape.
Then remove the backing tape and glue onto the card.
Hope this makes sense 🙂