Quick Technique | Holiday Card with Merry Christmas Die
Hello friends and welcome back for another episode from our Quick Technique series!
Quick Technique is all about sharing simple projects using our products and showcasing fun and fresh techniques! We hope you’ll love this new installment on our blog and will give some (or possibly all?) of these techniques a try!
Today we are sharing a Holiday card created using S4-774 Merry Christmas dies from Sharyn Sowell (you can find more inspiration using dies from Sharyn here)!
Project created by Yana Smakula
Quick Technique – Offset Die Cuts
Add double sided sticky sheet to the back of white glitter cardstock. Die-cut Merry Christmas out of white glitter and blue cardstock. Adhere white die cut onto blue and offset slightly to have a blue shadow!
Looking for a full set of instructions to create this card? See below!
- Create 6 ½ x 6 ½ ” top folding card base out of white cardstock.
- Cut red cardstock panel to 6 ⅛ “ square. Adhere patterned paper panel (use 6×6” paper) onto red cardstock panel. Foam mount onto the card
- Add double sided sticky sheet to the back of white glitter cardstock. Die-cut Merry Christmas out of white glitter and blue cardstock. Adhere white die cut onto blue and offset slightly to have a blue shadow! Foam mount onto the card.
- Stamp and heat emboss “From Our Family To Yours” sentiment in white embossing powder onto red cardstock, cut into a strip, foam mount onto the card.
- Embellish card with enamel dots.
- S4-774 Merry Christmas
- PL-001 Platinum Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 8.5″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One
White Cardstock (Neenah Solar White 110LB); Colored Cardstock (My Colors Cardstock – Scarlet, Simon Says Stamp – Surf Blue); White Glitter Cardstock; Patterned Paper (Pinkfresh Studio – Christmas Wishes); Foam Adhesive; Fun Foam; Double Sided Sticky Sheets (Scrapbook Adhesives); Versamark Embossing Ink; Clear Stamp (Mama Elephant – Jolly & Merry); Hero Arts White Embossing Powder; Heat Gun; Enamel Dots; Tape Runner.
Have you ever tried this technique? Will you give it a try? Let us know in the comments below! And have fun die-cutting!
That’s a great technique !! The blue shadow is really gorgeous !
I really like this technique. I can see using it with a lot of different word dies. This whole Christmas card is adorable