Special Touches, in Under Ten Minutes: Memories, Forever!
Ever since they were littles, my kids knew I was the mom that loved the special touches. When they were doing their science projects I hauled out all the die cutting machines to
make encourage them to crank through crisp, readable letters. You would not be wrong if you imagined that my kid was the one who had decorative corners in each edge of their science fair project or had a designerish flair somewhere that subtly let you know that someone in their life thought the little details were important. Hi, I’m Becca Feeken with Amazing Paper Grace and today I want to talk to you about ten minute ‘special touches’.
I have a small dining room table in this empty nester stage of my life but one of the supreme joys that I experience whenever anyone comes to visit is the special touches that I can offer when we sit down for tea, when we sit down for dessert, on the pillow in their guest room. Ten minutes – that’s all it takes and the memory lasts a lifetime.
My daughter is coming for Christmas this year and I’m already planning a dessert afternoon where she and I can sit, have coffee and savor our time together. Let’s be honest, this event will last less than an hour but I’m already looking forward to it. How will I ever tempt her to sit for minute? Well, this time I have a tantalizing frozen dessert and I also plan to make it lovely occasion by snipping a couple of my favorite dies for the place setting.
10 Minutes Please, for Special Touches
Hit the clock ladies!
This is a super easy project, no magic, just cutting – I’m including a picture of what everything looks like before assembly and from the backside.
- Make small poinsettia from my Angled Fold and Go Flowers (hint, hint, wouldn’t this make a fabulous holly leaf?). I’m the impatient kind so I used hot glue instead of glue. Add two leaves from the same set to add volume.
- From gold paper, cut one Bella Rose Lattice Layering Frame (eep! I know, I know, I’m using that die a lot these days). By hand, fold it in half and inserted a piece of card stock cut to 4-7/8″ wide 6-1/4″ tall. Instant pocket! Printed off your dessert menu, layer it on gold paper and inserted it as well. Use glue dots on the top corner loops to secure the pocket.
- Make a napkin ring from the ovals in the Bella Rose Lattice Layering Frame with the flower inserts, cut in half like a half moon. Back the cutouts with the appropriate colors for the flowers and leaves. Adhere it around your silverware and napkin for a napkin holder.
Boom! Don’t you feel like a star? That sweet piece of loving took less than 10 minutes and you never know whose heart it might tickle!
My plea to you is to never underestimate the worth of the kind gesture inherent in a small handmade gift. Last night I attended my first Christmas Party of the season with a group of paper crafters that I’ve been a part of for the last 18 years. Our December party is the highlight of the year and is full of special touches. Each person makes an unique craft to give to the other 11. Yes, it’s just paper and small inexpensive knick knacks but they are my most treasured gifts of the year.
- S3-250 Angled Flower – Fold and Go
- S6-129 Bella Rose Lattice Layering Frame
- PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One™
Neenah Classic Crest – Natural White Card Stock, Gold Foil Card Stock, Bazzill Cherry Splash Card Stock, Coredinations Evergeen Card Stock,
Sweet holidays friends! Sending hugs!
Becca Feeken – www.amazingpapergrace.com
Becca Feeken how do you do it !!!
You must have an overactive mind it obviously doesn’t take time out
to rest what are you on I need some LOL
You help us and give us sooooo many ways to use our dies !
Thank you for taking the time and all you do love it …………
Hugs Pam XXX
Thank you so much my sweet friend!! I promise, a lot of this dreaming is done when I design the die 🙂
What a beautiful design for the holidays.
Debra, I wish I could do it everyday but the days where it ‘can’ do it makes it a magical thing 🙂
Wow! Such a beautiful setting!!Very elegant!
Thank you so much Migdalia! I feel like it is simply wonderful to treat yourself and your guests to these special touches!
I just got this die and love what you did with it!!
Thank you so much Beverly – I seem to be reaching for this one quite often 🙂
What is the beautiful font you used in the card?
Hi there Marilou, I’m sad to say that I didn’t save the name but I believe it was free font from one of the many sites on the web.