Thoughtful Expressions Inspiration | Decorative Boxes with Elena
Hello dear readers, Elena Salo is here. I’m sure, all of you have already seen beautiful collection by Marisa Job for Spellbinders – Thoughtful Expressions. I love every single die from this release and want to show you my first project with some of the dies. I really liked delicate lace frames and so I decorated boxes to share with you today. Here they are:
I used a plain white box as the base for my project. I applied grey ink and added some shading to the box. You can make your own boxes using Spellbinders dies (there are plenty different designs to chose from) or use pre-made ones.
- Die cut the largest Frame using Scalloped Rectangle die, cut lace into a pieces.
- Adhere small lace pieces on the sides of the box;
- Add jewel liquid drops to decorate the lace.
- Die-cut Scalloped Circle three times, stick them together and adhere it on the top of the box;
- Die cut flowers and leaves out of watercolor cardstock. Die cut leaves from Blessings Vine Frame.
- Color leaves and flowers with distress markers and place them on the top of the box.
- Die cut sentiment, stick it on the vellum piece and add it on the top of the box.
- S5-336 Blessings Vine Frame
- S4-831 Get Well Soon Scalloped Circle
- S6-135 Thinking of You Scalloped Rectangle
- S5-335 Succulent & Mum Flowers
- PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine
Than you so much for stopping by! See you soon again!
These little boxes are SO LOVELY!!! 😉
So very pretty, thanks for sharing.
Your box is beautiful! I like how you’ve cut apart a frame to make it work as the decoration on the side. It gives greater use for your frame die.
LOVE these boxes! Absolutely adorable.
These are beautiful. I wish there was a die for making gift boxes for A2 cards. Love the way the lace lays on the boxes.
This is absolutely beautiful Elena! Love it!
Beautiful! What size are your boxes? TFS
Thank you, Loly! They are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4”.
Thank you, girls for your sweet comments! I really appreciate them!
The boxes are beautiful.