Cardmaking Inspiration | Fun Robots Cards
Hello Spellbinders’ fans! Welcome back to our Cardmaking Inspiration series! We hope you’ve been enjoying these mini posts sharing simple cardmaking ideas and step by step instructions on how to make them!
Today we have fun friendship cards to share using our Robots dies! They have separate heads, bodies as well as arms and legs to build any kind of robot you like!
Project created by in-house designer Yana Smakula
Step By Step Instructions:
We have a full set of step by step instructions describing how to create this card.
- Cut colored cardstock to various size pieces, adhere onto thin white paper panel..
- Die-cut robot’s bodies and legs out of the colored panel. Set positive die cuts aside (save them for another project). Adhere die cut panel onto A2 top folding card base
- Add double sided sticky sheet onto the back of silver cardstock. Die-cut & emboss robots bodies and legs out of silver cardstock. Adhere onto card inlaying the pieces in the negative space.
- Die-cut & emboss robot’s arms out of silver cardstock.
- Add double sided sticky sheet onto front and back of fun foam. Use it to cut robot’s’ arm out. Adhere silver die cuts onto fun foam. Adhere onto the card.
- Stamp sentiment in black ink.
- All a black line under the sentient using black pen and a ruler.
White cardstock (Neenah 110 LB); Audrey Blue. Green Apple, Sunshine and Cotton Cardstock (Simon Says Stamp); Silver Poster Board (Hobby Lobby); Mama Elephant Good Times stamp set; Versafine Onyx Black Ink; Stick It Double Sided Adhesive; Foam Adhesive.
Here’s another card idea using this same die set and left-over die cut pieces from the first card we shared – we used “Stay Young and Go Dancing” sentiment and added fun googly eyes!
Thank you for joining us today, friends! We hope you like this project and will give this idea a try! If you do, please share your project photos on social media and tag us so we can see!
Have fun die-cutting!
thank you, Pooja!
I just love these little guys!!!!!! My grandson would like them, too.
yay! thank you, Sharon!
Fantastic cards, Yana. Now I “need” some silver poster board from Hobby Lobby. Thanks for the inspiration.
thank you, Kirsten! Yes! This poster board is fun to die-cut!