MAKE A PRETTY GIFT BOX
Hi, I’m Sharyn Sowell, designer of Spellbinders dies that focus on the joyful parts of everyday living. I especially love making dimensional paper crafts with the dies, and this is one sample. Let’s make a a pretty gift box, great for a Mother’s Day, thank you or birthday gift. I blog at www.sharynsowellartblog.blogspot.com.
This DIY gift box isn’t a hard and fast set of rules for how to make only this box, more something to give you ideas you can use to make similar projects that are tailored to your friends and family.
· Step 1- Grab a box of your choice, one that will fit whatever you want to put inside. Cover it with pretty paper.
· Step 2- Cut out a long, thin die. You’ll need enough to go around the top edge of your box. I used S4-896 “Every Day’s A Happy Day” from my Little Loves collection.
· Step 3- Use your favorite adhesive to stick the dies to the top edge of the box as shown.
· Step 4- Twist two contrasting pipe cleaners together as shown. Repeat with another pair of pipe cleaners. Twist at top to stick them together and bend as shown to fit your box. Hot glue the pipe cleaners to the base of the box and if desired, attach to the die cut.
· Step 5- Put a pretty bouquet in the center. I made mine using the SR070 “Flower Child” steel rule die (insert link to https://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/contour-flower-child-steel-rule-dies/ ) but you can use real silk flowers, or anything you like.
· Step 6- Make a fancy tag to hang as a focal point from the top of the pipe cleaners. I used S2-261 Swallow and Heart die from my Joyous Celebrations collection. Tie with baker’s twine. Embellish as you like with glitter, bows, more flowers, or whatever feels most fun to you.
· Step 7- Fill the box with the gift of your choice. My box is filled with home made chocolate caramel candy but bath salts, jewelry or any other little luxury would be a delightful gift.
- S2-261 Swallow and Heart
- S4-896 Every Day’s a Happy Day
- PE-100 Platinum Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- T-001 Tool ’N One