Hello friends! This is Virginia Lu. Thank you for joining me for my 2nd guest design project. You can find my 1st post here. The new “Sweet Christmas” Collection by Sharyn Sowell offers so many designs, from sweet and homey to elegant and detailed. Today’s card features this dainty and beautiful Mistletoe Gatefold Die set. Let’s get started!
The following are the step-by-step instructions and a few tips about this card “Love & Joy”.
- Create an interesting and colorful background: blend soft pink and yellow with any dye ink. Start from the folded area (top) to avoid smudges.
- Stamp a text background by using only part of the cling stamp.
- Die-cut and adhere the Mistletoe Gatefold die.
- Create a sentiment with a touch of glitter:
- add a strip of glitter washi tape of pattern paper onto the colored card stock;
- position the “Love & Joy” dies (from Love & Cookies set) over the washi tape;
- follow the instructions of your machine and make the die cut.
- Assemble and embellish with sequins
You can certainly use traditional Christmas color scheme of try a non-convectional color combo, such as this one that I created. I hope that you find today’s card fun and inspiring. I will see you in my next post (also last!). Thank you for stopping by!
- S4-938 Mistletoe Gatefold
- S4-935 Love & Cookies
- T-001 Tool ‘n One
- PE-100 Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Distress Oxide ( Worn Lipstick, Squeezed Lemonade), Versafine Onyx Black; Penny Black Cling Stamp (Script); DCWV 6×6 Metallics Glitter and Foil Washi Stack; Gold sequins (Lilac Lane); Neenah Card Stock; Green Card Stock (from Spellbinders Card Kit); gold sequins.