Hey everybody, Kimball Davis here! I’m a digital artist by trade but I was recently introduced to Jane Davenport and have since become a big fan of her and her art supplies. I was invited to do three blog posts and I’m thrilled to share with you a few exciting products from her new Artomology collection with Spellbinders. I wanted to create something simple, colorful and fun that anyone can do, with a focus on the stamps and Squid Inks from the new line.
- Step 1 – Cut a piece of smooth Bristol board to the size of your desired bookmark; a popular size is 2×7” but you can choose any size you like.
- Step 2 – Using the Girl Group stamp with Cave Black Squid Ink, add ink to the section you want to use. In this case, I decided to stack the three girls on the left over the three in the middle to create a column of six beautiful faces. Don’t worry if you ink too much of the stamp because you can color over it with a black sharpie after it’s applied.
- Step 3 – Once you’re done stamping, it’s time to color with Smooth Markers. I used a different skin tone for each girl and shaded them all with the marker “Wing” from the Feathered Friends pack. I incorporated a rainbow of colors from both marker packs to create a fun gradient effect for the hair.
- Step 4 – Colored pencils help add a touch of blush and a little more depth to the hair.
- Step 5 – To finish the bookmark, I cleaned up the edges using a black Sharpie and added a whimsical border using an extra fine white Sharpie.
- JDS-015 Girl Group
- JD-037 Squid Ink Cave Black
- JD-024 Smooth Markers – Feathered Friends
- JD-025 – Smooth Markers – Mermesmerizing
Strathmore smooth bristol paper; Prismacolor premier colored pencils; Sharpie – black fine marker; Sharpie – white water based extra find point paint pen.
Thanks everyone for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this short and sweet tutorial and that it motivates you to create a bookmark of your own!