Just Add Color Inspiration | Monochromatic Floral Card with Mona Toth
Hi, it’s Mona Toth here, I am back with another step by step photo tutorial. Today I will show you how I made this tattoo inspired card. In this post I am featuring the gorgeous Just Add Color collection by Stephanie Low.
When I saw these floral stamp sets I knew that I will make a kraft card like this. These images are really beautiful and they are so pretty in B&W too, even if you don’t add color.
Check out the step by step instructions below for this project:
- Stamp your floral image to kraft or toned cardstock.
- Add a masking paper (or adhesive sticky notes) and stamp the main image again.
- Cut out the image from the masking paper.
- Position your stamps.
- Finish the image with black detailed pen if needed.
- Chose white, gray and black pencils from your stash and start the coloring process.
- When it’s done shade the images around with pencils.
- The next step is the stippling. Add little dots around your colored image. I used 005, 05 and 1 thick black liners.
- Heat emboss your sentiment with white embossing powder.
- The project is done!
Kraft Cardstock; Colored Pencils; White Embossing Powder; Black Liner; White pen.
Thank you for reading my post, I hope that I have inspired you! I am very thankful to be a guest at Spellbinders, see you next time. Hugs, Mona.
Mona, the card in monochromatic is absolutely amazing and love that you did it on craft which makes it even more striking. Thank you for sharing your talents and for inspiring me.
Thank you so much! I am glad that you like it! 🙂
Love this color co ordination here usung kraft
Thank you lovely
Hi miss .Mona i like your card your clor blend is so nice and the craft board seems to be an awesome chose Thanks
Thank you very much 🙂
I love your monochromatic flowers, beautiful, on the craft paper, this gives me so many more ideas. Thank you for sharing.
I am so happy to read that, I cant wait to see what you will create! 🙂