Yana’s Foiled Basics Inspiration | Classy Card Set Featuring Foiled Basics with Lea Lawson
Hi Spellbinder’s friends! This is Lea Lawson, and I’m excited to be sharing a couple of cards I’ve made featuring the new Foiled Basics Collection by Yana Smakula.
When Yana shared these new foiling products with me, the first thing that came to mind was the classy & bold colors that are often used in Kate Spade collections. So that was the jumping off point for my inspiration for my card set.
- Create (2) A2 top folding card base out of white cardstock.
- Foil light pink cardstock in Polished Brass using Polka Dot Strip, then cut into two strips
- Foil navy blue & light pink cardstock in Rose Gold and Polished Brass using Foliage Border & Organic Foliage, then die-cut.
- Foil light pink cardstock in Rose Gold using Yana’s Sentiments, then die-cut.
- Layer the polka dot strips with a thin dark pink strip of cardstock to the A2 card fronts.
- Layer the circle foliage frames to the front of each one with foam tape.
- Accent the foliage frames with additional foliage, leaves & flowers.
- Add a die-cut sentiment to each circle with foam tape.
- Finish by accenting with iridescent jewels.
Cut Cardstock 130 LB white cardstock, Bazzill Basics light pink, dark pink & blue cardstock, Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Chunky Iridescent jewels & Clear Iridescent Mix.
Thanks so much for checking out my cards today! I hope you enjoyed them, and I can’t wait to see what you create with the new Foiled Basics collection by Yana Smakula. Have a great day!