Hi everyone and welcome to today’s blog post. I’m Linda Parker and I am thrilled to be a guest designer on the Spellbinders Blog. On my blog www.papercraftwithcrafty.co.uk, I get to share lots of my creative designs and I was so fortunate to be sent the entire collection of the beautiful new Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Elegant Twisted Dies designed by by Becca Feeken and just couldn’t wait to use them.
This beautiful box was my first project and I felt so inspired by the dies, that it just came together really quickly and easily. I do love to make gift boxes and I think this one is just lovely. Now, when I had finished, I was looking at it as a pretty girly gift box, but on showing it to my hubby, his first reaction was “it’s beautiful and it would be perfect for a baby boy’s christening”! So there you go, it’s pretty versatile too by all accounts.
Anyway I will share a few photos to show you how I put together with box, complete with measurements in case you feel inspired to have a go yourself.
- Box Lid – card stock measures 9-1/2″ x 8-1/4″ inches.
- Long side score @ 1″, 2″, 7-12″ & 8-1/2″ inches
- Short side score @ 1″, 2″, 6-1/4″ & 7-1/4″ inches
- Cut away the three shaded sections on each corner, and snip up to the score lines annotated with dashes on the long sides (that measure 9-1/2″ inches).
- Snip small wedges as indicated on the photo below, which will make it easier to put your box together.
- First apply double-sided adhesive tape to the side sections shown below which have the fold down tabs on each end, and stick them down. Now apply double-sided tape to the top and bottom section, but DO NOT stick them down yet.
- Flip the card stock over and apply double-sided tape to each of the corners as shown below.
- Fold in each corner in nice sharp right angels and stick down.
- Fold in and stick down the remain side sections.
For the box base you will need card stock that measures 12-1/8″ x 10-7/8″ inches.
- Long side score @ 1″, 3-3/8″, 8-3/4″ and 11-1/8″ inches
- Short side score @ 1″, 3-3/8″, 7-1/2″ and 9-7/8″ inches
Cut and put together as per steps 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 above and decorate using a selection of dies.
I used the Elegant Twist Rectangle Etched Dies and also the Splendid Trilliant Etched Die set to decorate my gift box. Note that I sized the base so that the beautiful intricate triangular elements are shown in all their glory.
For my next project, I wanted to create a clean and simple card and for this little beauty, again the Splendid Trilliant Etched Dies provided the focal point along with the Elegant Twist Ovals Etched Dies. I also used the Elegant Twist Square Etched Dies.
The foiled sentiment is from the co-ordinating Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Plates Border and Sentiments by Becca Feeken
I had such fun putting these projects together and just wanted to thank Spellbinders for giving me the opportunity to work with the entire collection. I will be sharing more creative projects using the Spellbinders Elegant Twist Collection designed by Becca Feeken over the coming weeks.
Thank you for dropping by and I do hope you will be inspired to make a return visit.
Bye for now and “happy crafting everybody!”