Beyond the Wedding Season with Jean Manis
Hello crafty friends! I’m Jean, a papercrafter living in the Pacific Northwest blogging at Right as Rain. I am thrilled to be on the Spellbinders blog today sharing three cards created with the Wedding Season Collection by Nichol Spohr. My cards illustrate how the collection can be used for occasions other than weddings. Additionally, I show how materials other than cardstock add shine, texture, and visual interest. Let’s take a look!
On my first card, I created a masculine Congratulations card for someone landing a job.
- With the Wedding Dress & Tux set, I cut the suit from gray flannel and the shirt from a linen-textured white cardstock. I cut the buttons from a shiny black cardstock using a die in the Mr & Mrs Wedding Cake set.
- I glimmer-foiled the sentiment in black using the Glimmering Wedding Wishes I used a die in the More Sentiments set to cut the banner ends.
- I cut an oval from a masculine patterned paper with a die in the Fancy Edged Ovals The card base is from the same paper collection. I cut the scalloped oval from white cardstock using another die in the Fancy Edged Ovals set.
- I assembled the pieces together, placing the sentiment across the pants with foam adhesive.
Echo Park patterned paper; Bazzill linen-textured cardstock; Stampin’ Up Real Red cardstock; Stampin’ Up shiny black cardstock; Taylored Expressions gray flannel; Nuvo glue; foam adhesive; double-sided adhesive
My second card, designed as a friendship card, features a shortened version of the bride’s dress in the Wedding Dress & Tux set.
- I cut the flared skirt from a foiled flannel. I particularly like how the details of the fabric show up on this material.
- I cut the dress from black glitter cardstock.
- I adhered the pieces together at the waist. I cut the belt and bow (using a die in the Mr & Mrs Wedding Cake set) from shiny black cardstock.
- I glimmer-foiled a sentiment from the Everyday Sentiments II set in Magenta on black cardstock using a die in the More Sentiments set to cut the banner ends.
- Just as I did on the first card, I used the Fancy Edged Ovals set to cut ovals from patterned paper and solid cardstock.
- I assembled the pieces, adding the dress with foam adhesive.
Honey Bee patterned paper; black glitter paper; Taylored Expressions foiled flannel; Nuvo glue; foam adhesive; double-sided adhesive
On my final card, I used the Mr & Mrs Wedding Cake set to create a birthday card.
- I cut the detailed parts of the cake from red foil and adhered those to white cardstock.
- I used the Happy Birthday w/Numbers set to cut the numbers from blue foil cardstock.
- I glimmer-foiled the Everyday Sentiments II sentiment in silver on the same blue foil cardstock that I used for the numbers, using a die in the More Sentiments set to cut the banner ends.
- I used the Fancy Edged Ovals set to cut ovals from patterned paper and solid cardstock.
- I assembled the pieces, adding the cake with foam adhesive.
Tonic Studios Precious Pearl paper; Tonic Studios Ruby Romance foil; Authentique patterned paper; Stampin’ Up blue foil cardstock; Nuvo glue; foam adhesive; double-sided adhesive
I’m delighted you stopped by the blog today. I hope you’re inspired to create cards beyond the wedding season with this collection’s products!
Nice cards. God bless.
The man’s suit is amazing! Love the flannel card stock! All three of these cards are so much fun. Great ways to use these die sets. Way to go Jean!