August 2020 Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is Here – Pop Up 3D Vignette Telephone
Our August Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is here! Designed by Becca Feeken from Amazing Paper Grace this “Pop Up 3D Vignette Telephone” die of the month will have you creating gorgeous layered projects in no time! Versatile, elegant and timeless. This die set features 16 dies.
Enjoy the step by step tutorial below as well as the video tutorial to get you started with this month’s kit. Make sure to show us what you create by tagging #AmazingPaperGraceClubKit & #SpellbindersClubKits on social media! This kit is available August 1st, 2020, make sure to get yours!
Catch step by step instructions for this project below. Click photos to enlarge:
- Cut phone pieces as shown; make sure to emboss handset, phone base and phone base elements to create dimension. Sentiment backers can be cut in black or desired color to “color in” the letters. Option: For phone cord, first cut out handset and phone base. Add hole die and cut out, then emboss. Option: To create a tone on tone effect, use similar ink to color the handset caps, phone cradles, finger stop and phone base elements.
- Adhere handset caps to all handsets and the cradle and phone base element to phone bases as shown. Attach messages to front of tab of each handset. Option: Surprise your recipient by adding photos in place of the sentiments.
- Fold wings on the four 3D Vignette pieces. Add heavy duty adhesive to flaps as shown. For the 2 bottom Vignettes, insert crossbars. For the top Vignette pieces, make sure they are “V” side up; that is where the handsets will sit once assembled. On the back of the phone base there are guidelines that show where the Vignette pieces are to be placed. This graphic is provided to show a more clear visual of where they are to be attached. Attach the other sides of the Vignette pieces to the second phone base.
- Cut rotary dial as shown, Be sure to save the drop out pieces from the ovals to fill in the numbers on 6, 8, 9 and 0. Adhere rotary dial to base. Glue in ovals and numbers. Tweezers are ideal for this! Adhere center oval and finger stop. Option: Layer with foam adhesive for added dimension. Attach to center of front phone base.
- Place handsets in place in the “V” cuts that are on the top Vignette pieces. Place between the bottom crossbars so they sit evenly. If using die cut hole for phone cord, attach ribbon through holes of handset and phone base (as shown).
August 2020 APG Die of the Month – Video Tutorial
Watch video tutorial using this month kit below or on Youtube.
Here’s a closer look at the other projects created using August 2020 Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month:
We have several Value Clubs available!
Die Hero Club (includes Small, Large and APG Dies of the Month) and The Works Club (includes Small, Large, APG Dies of the Month + Card Kit of the Month) and other Value Clubs. See all Value Club options here.
Oh my gosh! This telephone is sooooo adorable! I love how you can “ answer” the phone and get little messages or pictures. WOW! It will look so cute with the typewriter! Squeak…I can hardly wait to get mine!
Thank you so much Lori!! This was one of my favorite dies to design ???
Gorgeous samples and dies!!
Thank you so much Bev, you are always so kind!! ?
Live the design. Where can I find the pattern paper you used?
Hi Irma, for mine, the pink floral phone uses paper from Parklane (Rustic Meadows) – it can be purchased at Joann Fabrics. The brown vintage phone is simply a file folder that I purchased from Tuesday Morning. 🙂 I hope this helps!