Christmas is sometimes the only time of year I have a chance to catch up with distant relatives or faraway friends, so I often include pictures and updates in my greeting cards. Inspired by the elegant designs and unique cascade mechanism in this collection, I decided to find a way to elevate that yearly update.
When I saw the Christmas Cascade Card Base set from this collection, I thought it would make the perfect mini photo flipbook to send this year. Using traditional holiday colors to match the photos I would be inserting, this booklet came together much faster than you’d think!
- Cut the main parts of the cascade mechanism using green cardstock and the Christmas Cascade Card Base die set and assemble.
- Cut the flipping panels out of red and green cardstock using the largest pierced square die in the set (two of each color) and adhere to the cascade mechanism with strong adhesive, alternating colors.
- Die cut photos with the second largest pierced square die in the set and adhere onto each flap.
- Embellish each page with poinsettias or holly leaves cut from red, green, and gold cardstock using the Holly Frame Gala and Holiday Word Blocks die sets.
- Cut the Joy sentiment from the Holiday Word Blocks die set out of gold, white, and green cardstock. Adhere the gold outline to the front of the booklet and inlay white and green cut-outs back in for a colorful look.
- Mat the flipbook with white, gold, and green cardstock measuring 3.25” x 5.25”, 3.5” x 5.5”, and 3.75”x 5.75”, respectively.
Watch video tutorial below or on Youtube to learn how to create a kinetic card with Christmas Cascade collection:
Stampin’ Up Garden Green Cardstock, Stampin’ Up Granny Apple Green Cardstock, Stampin’ Up Real Red Cardstock, gold satin foil cardstock, white cardstock, tape runner, liquid glue
Next I thought it would be fun to create a coordinating card to send along with my flipbook. Although the other die sets in this collection cut designs that fit on the flaps of the cascade mechanism, they also make great elements for cards!
- Die-cut the holly frame and backer from the Holly Frame Gala set with green shimmer and gold cardstock, respectively, and adhere together with liquid glue.
- Die-cut the birds from blue and white shimmer cardstock. Trim the backs off of the blue die-cuts and adhere on top of the white die-cuts with liquid glue to create two-toned birds.
- The ribbon and sentiment were cut using red shimmer cardstock and the Holly Frame Gala and Snowflake Splendor die sets.
- Adhere elements to a card base created with white woodgrain cardstock and gold satin foil and green shimmer cardstock mat layers.
Green, red, white, and blue shimmer cardstock, gold satin foil cardstock, white woodgrain cardstock, foam adhesive, liquid glue, tape runner.
I hope you enjoyed this fun mini photo flipbook and Christmas card duo and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.