Hi from Scotland, this is Bibi Cameron here and I’m happy to be able to share five easy and simple ideas using glimmer plates from the new Christmas Foiled Basics collection designed by Yana Smakula for Spellbinders.
This is a collection of 6 glimmer plates:
For all the projects below I used foiled sentiments made using “Yana’s Christmas Sentiments“, this set included 22 plates and 5 coordinating dies.
Easy Christmas Foiled Cards, Tags and Mini Box
I started by making very simple and basic cards using “Glimmer Winter Village“.
I totally love these plates, they are so easy to use and you can use them on different projects. You can combine these beautiful foiled images with any of the “Yana’s Christmas Sentiments” to make elegant foiled Christmas cards.
I couldn’t resist and I also applied hot foil to this small gift box.
Christmas Organic Foliage
- For this card, I simply foiled white and dark green cardstock and die cut the foiled pieces using coordinating dies included with the glimmer plates.
- Then, I just made a super simple arrangement over patterned paper and I added mirror cardstock accents and fashion gold embellishments.
- I glued this over a white panel and then I glue the topper on a red card base.
Christmas Foliage Background
Christmas Foliage Background will allow you to easily foil a whole panel of a card, a box, or a tag. I made 2 super simple cards to share extra ideas with you.
Santa Claus Card
- I simply foiled white smooth cardstock using Magenta Hot Foil and I used a heart die to cut the aperture in the center.
- To make the Santa, I used Santa’s Helpers a large die that will allow you to create different characters for your Christmas Cards. Watch how to assemble the Santa here.
- The sentiment was made using a glimmer plate and coordinating die from Yana’s Christmas Sentiments.
I also wanted to foil coloured cardstock using Christmas Foliage Background and also add a shaker as a focal point.
- For this card, I used polish brass hot foil on a dark green piece of cardstock.
- I die cut a circle on the center of the panel and I added a shaker.
- Behind the shaker, I added a piece of cardstock that I previously foiled using “Glimmer Winter Village” so that you can see the little houses in the background.
- I added a couple of leaves made using “Christmas Organic Foliage“.