Fashionably Fun – Sweet Cardlets
Hello crafty friends! I’m Jean, a papercrafter living in the Pacific Northwest blogging at Right as Rain. I am delighted to share cards combining two of my favorite techniques–diecutting and foiling–to showcase the Sweet Cardlets Collection by Becca Feeken for Spellbinders.
For all three cards, I’ve used Black Glimmer Foil, one of my favorite ways to add impact and style to a card.
With the Sweet Cardlets Collection, you’ll create cards suitable for a multitude of occasions that come together in minutes. The sets contain foil plates and dies that include background, focal image, and sentiments. Please note: I used the Foil Trimmer to cut the foil for these projects.
The first card features the Just Bee-cause Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set.
- Foil bee image on yellow cardstock in Black Die-cut with the coordinating die.
- Foil sentiment on yellow cardstock in Black foil and cut with die in the Everyday Sentiments II Alternatively cut sentiment strip with the Foil Trimmer using the paper blade.
- Foil honeycomb in Black on Whip Cream Trim panel to 4″ x 5 ¼”. Add to a Black Licorice A2-size card base.
- Die-cut additional hexagons from yellow cardstock with the set’s dies.
- Adhere hexagons, bee, and sentiment to panel. Add bee with foam adhesive.
Taylored Expressions yellow cardstock; dot adhesive; foam adhesive
The second card features the Lovely Ladybug Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set.
- Foil background in Black four times: twice on Whip Cream cardstock and twice on teal cardstock.
- Cut 2″ x 2″ squares from the foiled background pieces.
- Assemble as a 4″ x 4″ square on a Whip Cream 4 ¼” x 4 ¼” card base.
- Foil ladybug body in Black on Whip Cream cardstock two times.
- Foil ladybug wings in Black on Candy Apple cardstock two times.
- Die-cut the ladybug bodies and wings with the coordinating dies.
- Foil the sentiment in Opal on Black Licorice cardstock and cut with a die in the Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Alternatively cut sentiment strip with the Foil Trimmer using the paper blade.
- Add sentiment to center of background. Adhere assembled ladybugs with foam adhesive.
Taylored Expressions teal cardstock; dot adhesive; foam adhesive
Create an elegant friendship card with the Graceful Swan Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set.
- Foil background in Black on purple cardstock.
- Foil outline swan image in Black on Whip Cream cardstock and die-cut with coordinating die.
- Foil sentiment in Gold on Black Licorice cardstock and cut with die in the Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Alternatively cut sentiment strip with the Foil Trimmer using the paper blade.
- Die-cut background with the 3″ die in the Essential Circles
- Die-cut a 4″ square from Brush Gold with detail edge using the Essential Squares
- Back square with Whip Cream
- Add square to 4 ¼” square Black Licorice card base. Adhere circle to center of card base. Add sentiment along bottom. Adhere swan with foam adhesive.
Stampin’ Up purple cardstock; dot adhesive; foam adhesive.
Thank you for visiting! I hope you’re inspired to craft stunning cards with the Sweet Cardlets Collection by Becca Feeken.
Jean is such an inspiration! These three cards are amazing. I love the bee card with the yellow hexagon shapes that are big and small. The pictures just do not give justice to the black foil. Wow, she makes me think I need to go shopping!