Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to share a couple of projects using the new Expressions of Love Collection from Spellbinders. The intricate hearts, cute couple, and beautiful sentiments inspired me to create three different styles of love cards from simple and elegant to detailed and sweet.
When I saw the Sunday Sunset Drive die set, I knew I wanted to model this adorable couple after my husband and I and place them on the road through fields of hearts and wildflowers. (If we could get a couple of hours away from our two toddlers right now, that’s where we would want to be!)
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 5.25”.
- Apply Opal Hot Foil twice using the Scattered Hearts Background Foil Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine to completely cover the entire panel.
- Using low-tack tape or masking paper, mask the edges of the panel leaving a triangular section open in the center. Lightly blend grey ink over the open area with a blending brush to form the road.
- Now mask the center area off and blend green ink around both sides of the panel to form the fields.
- Die cut the car pieces out of aqua shimmer, black shimmer, tan shimmer, and silver cardstock using the Sunday Drive Die Set. Assemble everything, but don’t attach the windshield yet.
- Die cut the couple using the Sunday Sunset Drive Die Set and assemble. Here I’ve dressed my couple casually, but I love that this die set works for formal events too!
- Place the couple in the car, then adhere the windshield in front of them with liquid glue.
- Adhere the foiled and inked background panel to the front of a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the couple in the car up in the center of the card with foam adhesive and scatter pink flowers cut with the Sunday Sunset Drive Die Set in the fields around them.
- Die cut the “forever” sentiment out of pink and black cardstock using the Expressions of Love Sentiments die set. Layer them up, offsetting the black layer a bit to form a shadow, and adhere to the card beneath the car with liquid glue.
The intricate heart designs in the Forever Love Hearts die set work for so many different styles of cards. I used both inlay dies to create this cutesy double heart card in frosty and fun colors perfect for wintery occasions.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5.25” x 4”.
- Apply Opal Hot Foil over the entire panel using the Scattered Hearts Background Foil Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. (You will need to foil the panel three times to cover it completely in the landscape orientation.)
- Die cut three different shades of teal cardstock (light, medium, dark) with the Forever Love Hearts die set. Use the darkest shade for one of the background layers, the medium shade for the other background and one of the overlay layers, and the lightest shade for the last overlay layer.
- Adhere the medium teal overlay layer onto the dark teal background heart and the light teal overlay layer onto the medium teal background heart with liquid glue.
- Die cut the sentiment out of light and medium purple cardstocks using the Expressions of Love Sentiments die set and adhere the light layer on top using liquid glue.
- Adhere the foiled background panel onto a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the hearts up on the front of the card using more foam adhesive and adhere the layered sentiment beneath it with liquid glue.
- Die cut tiny heart, star, and dot confetti out of light and medium purple cardstock using the Sunday Sunset Drive die set and adhere it around the hearts with liquid glue.
Simple and elegant cards are easy to create with these beautiful heart designs too, and I thought it would be fun to mimic the look of an envelope sealed with a heart in this next card.
- Die cut a piece of white cardstock using the Outer Rim and Quadrant Inserts from the Filigree Quartet Die Set.
- Die cut a second piece of white cardstock with just the Outer Rim die from the Filigree Quartet die set and adhere it behind the first panel with liquid glue.
- Mat the panel with gold and black cardstock and adhere it to a top-folding 5” square white card base with tape runner.
- Die cut white cardstock with the Heart Outline and one of the Heart Inlay dies in the Forever Love Hearts die set.
- Die a second piece of white cardstock using only the Heart Outline die.
- Blend Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink over the Heart Outline die-cut, creating an ombre look from top to bottom.
- Adhere the white overlay heart to the inked background with liquid glue.
- Pop the die cut heart up on the center of the card front with foam adhesive.
- Die cut the sentiment from black and gold cardstock using the Expressions of Love Sentiments die set, layer them up, and adhere to the middle of the heart with liquid glue.
I hope you enjoyed this trio of love cards in different styles and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.
Stampin’ Up Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape cardstock, white cardstock, black cardstock, gold cardstock, various colors of cardstock for diecutting, Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink, Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink, Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, Soft Granite Shadow Ink, foam blending tool, low-tack tape, foam adhesive, tape runner, liquid glue.