Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to share a couple of projects using the new Expressions of Spring Collection. The elegant layered eggs, cute bunnies, and beautiful florals inspired me to create two different styles of Easter cards that are colorful and fun.
The intricate layered egg designs in the Forever Spring Eggs Die Set were so big and beautiful, I knew right away I wanted to make them the focal point of a pretty and sophisticated card. With soft blended colors and metallic touches, I love how this card screams springtime!
- Die cut kraft cardstock with the two largest dies in the Essential Rectangles Die Set.
- Die cut gold cardstock with the largest die in the Essential Rectangles Die Set and adhere to the back of the kraft panel with tape runner.
- Apply Gold and Pink Hot Foil to white cardstock using the flower plates from the Glimmer Daisy Foil Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Apply Gold and Green Hot Foil to white cardstock using the leaf plates from the Glimmer Daisy Foil Plate Set.
- Blend Picked Raspberry and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks over the foiled flower images and cut them out with the coordinating dies.
- Blend Squeezed Lemonade and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks over the foiled leaf images and cut them out with the coordinating dies.
- Shape the flower petals with a ball stylus. To do this, turn the die-cut over to the back side on top of a foam mat, drag the ball stylus from the tip of each petal towards the flower center, and then flip the die-cut over and press down in the center to cup the petals upward. Adhere two layers of the shaped petals together with liquid glue (I placed a pink foil layer on top of a gold foil layer on each flower for a little added color and interest) and add rhinestones to the center if desired.
- Shape the leaves by curling them under just a bit using your thumb and index finger.
- Die cut white cardstock with the outer edge die from the Forever Spring Eggs Die Set. Blend Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac, and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Inks over the die-cut with sponge daubers to form a soft rainbow blend.
- Die cut gold cardstock with the outer edge and detail layer dies from the Forever Spring Eggs Die Set. Adhere it on top of the solid egg die-cut with liquid glue.
- Die cut white and gold cardstock with the “Happy Easter” dies from the Expressions of Spring Sentiments Die Set. Adhere the white layer on top of the gold layer with liquid glue, allowing the gold to peek out from behind just a bit.
- Adhere the die cut background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive and then pop the layered egg up on top with more foam adhesive.
- Arrange the foiled flowers and leaves at the base of the egg and adhere down with liquid glue.
- Add the sentiment to the bottom of the card with more liquid glue.
heavyweight white cardstock, gold cardstock, kraft cardstock, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade, and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks, Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac, and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Inks, tape runner, foam adhesive, liquid adhesive, rhinestones, sponge daubers.
I love the Sunday Drive Series of dies, so when I saw the newest adorable addition, “Hoppy Sunday Drive”, I had to make a card with it! I thought the Easter Bunny and his friend could be going for a little joy ride and losing some of their eggs along the way on this fun card.
- Trim a piece of light blue cardstock to 5.25” x 4”.
- Apply Skybright Hot Foil over the entire panel using the Scattered Flowers Background Foil Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. (You will need to foil the panel twice.)
- Trim a piece of light blue metallic cardstock to 5.375” x 4.125” and mat the foiled panel with it using tape runner.
- Die cut the car pieces out of pink shimmer, black shimmer, tan shimmer, and silver cardstock using the Sunday Drive Die Set. Assemble everything, but don’t attach the windshield yet.
- Die cut the bunnies using the Hoppy Sunday Drive Die Set and assemble.
- Place the bunnies in the car, then adhere the windshield in front of them with liquid glue.
- Embellish the car with leafy branches and carrots from the Hoppy Sunday Drive Die Set. Add eggs peeking out of the trunk and bouncing off the bumper.
- Adhere the foiled background panel onto a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the bunny car up on the front of the card using more foam adhesive and add the sentiment pennant to the passenger bunny’s hand.
- Die cut more eggs out of pastel shimmer cardstock using the Hoppy Sunday Drive Die Set and adhere them beneath the car.
- Add rhinestones if desired.
white cardstock, Stampin’ Up Soft Sky cardstock, silver cardstock, various colors of pastel shimmer cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive, liquid glue, rhinestones
I hope you enjoyed these fun and colorful Easter cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.