Celestial Zodiacs Collection – Clean and Simple Card Inspiration with Annie Williams
Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to share a couple of projects using the new Celestial Zodiacs Collection. The twinkling star patterns, majestic moon image, and gorgeous sentiments inspired me to create three clean and simple cards for a variety of occasions.
XOXO Zodiac Card
The twelve zodiac foil plate sets in the collection are perfect for birthday cards and tags, but I thought they could also be used to make a fun and unique wedding or love card for a stargazing friend.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4.125” x 5.375”.
- Apply Speckled Prism Hot Foil to the panel using the constellation and name and date plates from the Aquarius Hot Foil Plate Set and Gemini Hot Foil Plate Set, along with the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Apply Silver Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiment plates from the More Sentiments Hot Foil Plate Set and die cut or closely trim it out to form a slim sentiment strip.
- Blend Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, and Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink randomly over the main foiled panel with a foam blending tool.
- Next, blend Black Soot Distress Ink over the entire panel until the underlying colors are muted, but still visible.
- Tap a paintbrush soaked in clean water over the panel and sop up the droplets with a paper towel to create the splatter/galaxy effect.
- Adhere the foiled and inked background panel to the front of a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the sentiment strip up on top of the panel with more foam adhesive.
heavyweight white cardstock, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, and Black Soot Distress Ink, waterbrush, foam blending tools, foam adhesive
Be Extraordinary Celestial Card
The Layered Full Moon Stencil creates such a realistic image, I wanted to showcase it on the front of a simple background to really let it shine. With just a bit of texture from the Stargazer Embossing Folder and a beautiful sentiment, this easy card can be used for many different occasions.
- Trim a piece of blue matte mirror cardstock to 5.375” x 4.125”. Emboss the panel using the Stargazer Embossing Folder.
- Lightly sand the cardstock with a sanding block until the white core shows through only on the raised star images. It is better to press lightly and sand for a longer time than to apply too much pressure to finish more quickly. (The other areas of the cardstock may dull just a bit from sanding, but it won’t be very noticeable on matte or satin foil cardstock.)
- Apply Lemon Drop, Sweet Corn, and Honey Mustard inks (Gina K Designs) to white cardstock through stencil layers one through three from the Layered Full Moon Stencil set to create a pale yellow full moon.
- Place stencil layer one back on top of the inked moon and lightly blend Mother of Pearl embellishment mousse over the whole image to give it a shimmery glow.
- Die cut or trim the moon out with scissors.
- Adhere the embossed and sanded background panel onto a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the moon up on the front of the card using more foam adhesive.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Starstruck Sentiments Stamp Set in blue ink onto white cardstock, trim it out, and adhere it beneath the moon with foam adhesive.
white cardstock, Crafters Companion Navy Blue Matte Mirror Card, Lemon Drop, Sweet Corn, and Honey Mustard Gina K Designs Inks, Blue Belle Versafine Clair Ink, Tonic Nuvo Mother of Pearl embellishment mousse, sanding block, foam blending tool, foam adhesive.
Shine The Brightest Card
Brightly colored stars are a fun way to accent an encouragement card for a young one, so I pulled out my rainbow hot foil for this easy design.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5.25” x 4”.
- Apply Rainbow Hot Foil to the left side of the panel with Celestial Star Background Foil Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- For a little extra fun, trim a length of black organza ribbon and apply Rainbow Hot Foil down the length of it using the Celestial Star Background Foil Plate.
- Wrap the length of foiled ribbon around the white panel and adhere in the back with tape runner.
- Mat the panel with black cardstock and adhere it to the front of a top-folding A2-sized card base with foam adhesive.
- Apply Black Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiment plates from the Celestial Sentiments Hot Foil Plate Set.
- Apply Rainbow Hot Foil around the sentiment using the 2.5” circle pattern from the Essential Glimmer Circles Hot Foil Plate Set.
- Die cut the sentiment out and add several layers of black cardstock circles beneath with liquid glue before adhering it all to the front of the card (this will help the sentiment die-cut to stand out a bit more).
white cardstock, black cardstock, black organza ribbon, foam adhesive, tape runner, liquid glue
I hope you enjoyed this trio of clean and simple star-inspired cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.
Like these samples of the New Celestrial Zodiacs collection! I purchased the bundle yesterday and am anxious awaiting receipt to create…