Hello crafty friends! It’s Jean here sharing four cards created with the Spellbinders Slimline Collection, which includes dies, glimmer plates, and a stamp set. For any number of occasions, you can create elegant slimline cards with the collection’s products. Let’s take a look!
A “Happy Birthday” card featuring an inked and glimmer-foiled background
- Ink Snowdrift cardstock panel measuring 3 ⅛”x 8 ⅛” with Distress Oxide inks. Allow to dry.
- For sentiment, ink strip of Snowdrift cardstock and allow to dry.
- Glimmer Foil the 3 ⅛”x 8 ⅛” panel in Matte Gold with the Slimline Confetti Background twice (from both ends).
- Glimmer Foil inked cardstock in Gold with one of the Essential Glimmer Sentiments and cut with die in the Blossoming Slimline
- Cut Blossoming Slimline with both outside and detail dies from Snowdrift Adhere to foiled panel.
- Add assembly to a 3 ¼” x 8 ¼” Brush Gold mat and 3 ½” x 8 ½” card base.
- For embellishment, cut Mini Blooms and Sprigs from Brush Gold and Snowdrift Assemble and add to card.
Distress Oxide inks.
Faux Inlay “Hello” card
- Apply watercolor to watercolor paper. Allow to dry.
- With the Blossoming Slimline outline die, cut a frame from a 3 ½” x 8 ½” Snowdrift cardstock panel. Set aside.
- Die-cut Blossoming Slimline from a Snowdrift cardstock panel measuring 3 ½” x 8 ½” (without the outline die) and from vellum.
- Using the vellum die-cut as a guide, cut out watercolor pieces and glue to the back of the Blossoming Slimline
- Adhere frame to the die-cut Snowdrift cardstock panel. Back assembly with light teal cardstock.
- Stamp and heat-emboss Essential Sentiments stamp on coral cardstock and cut with die in the Blossoming Slimline
- Adhere sentiment to card.
Solid cardstock in coral, light teal; watercolor paper; watercolors; embossing ink; white embossing powder
A vertical slimline “Hello” featuring a dry-embossed background
- Brayer Slimline Flora Embossing Folder with white pigment ink and dry-emboss light teal cardstock. When dry, cut panel 3 ⅛” x 8 ⅛”.
- Cut a 3 ¼” x 8 ¼” panel from dark teal cardstock.
- Die cut 2″ circle from dark teal cardstock.
- Die cut 2 ⅛” circle from the dry-embossed panel.
- Stamp sentiment from Essential Sentiments in black ink on Snowdrift cardstock, masking “Friend” from the sentiment.
- Trim sentiment panel to fit behind the opening and adhere to dark teal panel from behind.
- Adhere dry-embossed panel to front and add assembly to textured white background measuring 3 ½” x 8 ½”.
- With the Umbrella Trio set, cut Onyx cardstock, Snowdrift cardstock, and inked cardstock to create two umbrellas. Trim umbrella handle and glue to assembled umbrella.
- Cut Mini Blooms and Sprigs from Snowdrift cardstock and cardstock inked with Distress Oxide inks. Assemble.
- Adhere umbrellas, blooms, and sprigs to card.
Solid cardstock in light teal, dark teal; white textured cardstock; Distress Oxide inks; black ink; white pigment ink; brayer
Mix and match the collection’s products for a layered effect
- Die-cut Flowering Slimline from Snowdrift cardstock with detailed and outline die. Using only the outline die, cut Brush Gold Adhere overlay to background.
- Add assembly to 3 ¼” x 8 ¼” teal cardstock mat and 3 ½” x 8 ½” card base.
- Brayer Slimline Flora Embossing Folder with white pigment ink and dry-emboss teal cardstock panel measuring 3 ⅛” x 8 ⅛”. Repeat.
- When panels are dry, die-cut three 2 ½” circles.
- Adhere circles, with center circle overlapping the circles on the left and right, to the card.
- With Essential Glimmer Sentiments plate, glimmer foil Snowdrift cardstock in Gold and cut with die in the Blossoming Slimline set (die in Flowering Slimline set could be used as well).
- Cut Mini Blooms and Sprigs from Brush Gold and Snowdrift Assemble and add to card.
Solid cardstock in teal; white textured cardstock; white pigment ink; brayer
Thank you for visiting today. I hope you are inspired to reach for products in the Slimline Collection to create elegant cards for a variety of occasions.