Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Holiday Medley Collection by Becca Feeken. The beautiful Glimmer plates, ornate background dies, and gorgeous sentiments in this collection inspired me to create three pretty Christmas cards in different sizes that are perfect for sending a holiday hello.
I love making mini square cards at Christmas to add to a gift bag or stack of gifts as an extra special tag. Using the buildings from the Silent Night Make A Scene Die set on top of a patterned background from the All Is Calm Word Frame Die Set, this pretty little winter scene makes the perfect cardlet!
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 4” and emboss it using the Tiny Dot Embossing Folder.
- Mat the embossed panel with Silver Fox Cardstock and adhere it to a top-folding 4.25” white square card base with tape runner.
- Die cut Silver Fox, Raindrop, and Glacier Cardstock with the Scallop Square Frame, Inner Square Rim, and Pattern Insert from the All Is Calm Word Frame Die Set. Adhere the layers together with liquid glue and then pop them up on top of the card base with foam adhesive.
- Die cut white and Poppy Field Cardstock with the buildings from the Silent Night Make A Scene Die Set.
- Trim the roof off of each red building and adhere it on top of the coordinating white die cuts with liquid glue. Back each building with Glacier Cardstock to cover the window cutouts.
- Die cut white and Pomegranate Cardstock with a sentiment from the All Is Calm Word Frame Die Set and the poinsettia from the Joy Crescent Card Builder Die Set. Adhere the white die-cut sentiment on top of the red die-cut with liquid glue, offsetting them a bit to form a shadow. Adhere the white outline and red inserts together on the poinsettia with liquid glue.
- Die cut white and Raindrop Cardstock using the holly dies from the Merry Filigree Card Builder Die Set.
- Adhere the buildings on top of the blue background with a mix of foam adhesive and liquid glue for some dimension.
- Add the sentiment to the top right corner with liquid glue and the poinsettia and leaves to the top left corner with foam adhesive.
- Add Gold Mix Gems to the flower center.
Heavyweight white cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
I thought the dimensional silver bells were so unique that I had to give them a try next. I paired them with one of the beautiful card builder dies in the collection to make this soft and pretty slimline Christmas card.
- Trim a piece of Waterfall Cardstock to about 4” x 8.5”. Die cut one side with the scrollwork card builder die from the Celebrate Scrollwork Card Builder Die Set, then flip the panel over and die cut the other side. Trim any overhanging tips of the diamond in the center of the panel flush with the edges of the scrollwork pattern.
- Repeat this with a piece of Mirror Silver Cardstock and adhere the layers together with liquid glue, allowing a bit of the silver to show as a shadow.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 3.75” x 8.25”, mat it with Mirror Silver and Pink Sand Cardstock and adhere the whole stack to a top-folding white card base measuring 4” x 8.5”.
- Add the layered die-cut background to the card front with liquid glue.
- Die Mirror Silver Cardstock with the Silver Bells Dimensional Doily Die Set.
- Fold the bells on their score lines and interlock the three die-cuts to form the dimensional bell design.
- Die cut white cardstock using the inner square rim from the All Is Calm Word Frame Die Set and adhere it in the center of the card front with foam adhesive.
- Add the silver bells to the center of the card with liquid glue.
- Die cut Pink Sand and Mirror Silver Cardstock with the sentiment from the Jingle Word Frame Die Set. Adhere them together with liquid glue, offsetting a bit to form a shadow, before adding them to the right side of card front next to the bells.
- Die cut Pink Sand and mint glitter cardstock with the poinsettia and small evergreen sprig dies from the Christmas Blooms Die Set and add them to the top of the bells with foam adhesive.
- Embellish the flower center with a Crystal Mix Gem.
White heavyweight cardstock, mint glitter cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
A pretty foiled design makes such an impact, that I often find myself keeping the rest of the card fairly simple. Here I’ve used the beautiful Pinstripe Bracket Card Builder Glimmer Plate Set to create this pretty and simple Christmas card.
- Trim a piece of Pomegranate Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and a piece of white cardstock to about 2.5” x 5.5”.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to the Pomegranate Cardstock using the pinstripe panel from the Pinstripe Bracket Card Builder Glimmer Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil System.
- Repeat this using the bracket border on the white cardstock and die cut the lower edge using the bracket split rim die from the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder Die Set.
- Die cut Fern and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the sentiment from the Silent Night Make A Scene Die Set. Adhere the layers together with liquid glue, allowing the green to peek out as a shadow.
- Die cut Fern, Pomegranate, and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the holly dies from the Merry Filigree Card Builder Die Set and adhere together using liquid glue.
- Adhere the red pinstripe panel onto a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Add the white bracket panel on top of the card front with foam adhesive.
- Add the sentiment and holly leaves to the top of the card with liquid glue.
White heavyweight cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed this trio of pretty layered Christmas cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.