All Stitched Up in Traditional Christmas Colors with Jean Manis
Hello crafty friends! It’s Jean here sharing holiday cards created with the Merry Stitchmas Collection at Spellbinders. As a cross stitcher, the stitching sets always catch my eye. While I created Christmas cards, the products I used can be used beyond the holidays for paper crafting throughout the year. Let’s take a look at how I used several of the die sets in the collection.
Pair a glimmer-foiled sentiment with a stitched background for a classic and elegant Christmas card.
- Die-cut the Circular Stitch Background from Snowdrift
- Stitch the circles, half-circles, and quarter-circles with Red Ruby, Emerald Green, and Light Gold floss using a size 22 needle. Affix threads to back with washi tape as you work.
- Permanently affix metallic threads on back with hot glue.
- Glimmer foil Gifts of Christmas sentiment in Matte Gold on red cardstock. Cut with 2″ circle die.
- Back sentiment circle with a vellum circle cut using a slightly larger circle die.
- Attach stitched panel to Brushed Gold cardstock base.
- Add Gold Mix Gems for embellishment.
Note: The Light Gold floss is thicker than the Red Ruby and Emerald Green flosses. While I used two strands for stitching of all three colors, you could certainly stitch the Light Gold floss with just one strand.
Gift Idea: Die-cut the panel and package with floss for a stitching friend.
With repetition, a border die can be used to create a card background.
- Die-cut Snowdrift cardstock with the outline and detail Diamond Stitch dies five times.
- Stitch the shapes with red, green, and gold floss using a size 22 needle. Affix threads to back with washi tape as you work.
- Permanently affix threads on back with glue.
- Create frame by cutting a rectangle from an A2-size cardstock panel.
- Attach the five rows of diamond stitching to a blue cardstock panel; trim edges as required.
- Add frame to card front with foam adhesive.
- In Matte Gold, glimmer foil a Mini Christmas Sentiment Strips sentiment on red cardstock. Cut with die in set, trim ends, and add to center of assembled card, tucking ends behind the frame.
Hot glue gun, vellum, red cardstock, DMC Floss 321 (red), DMC Floss 700 (green), DMC Floss 729 (gold), glue, foam adhesive, washi tape
I am delighted that you visited today. I hope you are inspired to use Merry Stitchmas Collection for holiday crafting and into the new year!
Mine are ordered…can’t wait to get them
What beautiful cards. Love the metallic thread which just makes it look so holiday-ish! Great designs and the sentiments are really nice.