We are excited to introduce you to our newest Subscription Club – Embossing Folder of the Month. Exclusive Embossing Folder adds texture and dimension to any project. Size will generally be 5.5″ x 8.5″ and can be used to make slimline, 5″ x 7″, and a variety of sized projects.
Here’s a look at the January 2022 Embossing Folder of the Month:
And now onto some inspiration from Annie Williams!
Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the brand new Embossing Folder of the Month Kit from Spellbinders. With its large size and beautiful heart pattern, the Spreading Love Embossing Folder is super versatile and perfect for tons of different card sizes, techniques, and occasions.
I love using embossing folders to add a quick bit of texture to my cards, but there are so many fun things you can do with them too! Here I used the faux letterpress technique to create a subtle background for this soft and pretty Valentine’s Day card.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5” square and emboss it using the Spreading Love Embossing Folder.
- Mat the embossed panel with both Onyx and Pink Sand Cardstock and adhere it to a top-folding 5.25” square white card base with tape runner.
- Die cut white cardstock using the Medium Square Inner Rim die from the Fluted Classics Squares Die Set.
- Apply Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink to the raised side of the Spreading Love Embossing Folder with a brayer, insert the die-cut panel tilted on its side (like a diamond), and run it through your diecutting machine.
- Die cut Pink Sand Cardstock with the Medium Square Outer Rim and Insert from the Fluted Classics Squares Die Set and adhere the letterpress panel on top with tape runner.
- Die cut white, Onyx, and Persimmon Cardstock using the Heart Swans Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Apply Silver Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Love Enclosed Glimmer Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. Trim or die cut it out into a small strip.
- Adhere the letterpress background to the card front with foam adhesive and then add the swan and sentiment on top with more foam adhesive.
heavyweight white cardstock, brayer, scissors, tape runner, foam adhesive
What better way is there to spread love than to send a package full of hearts? Here I’ve added a die cut panel over top another pretty embossed heart background for a fun envelope effect
- Trim a piece of Pomegranate Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and emboss it with the Spreading Love Embossing Folder.
- Lightly apply gold gilding wax to the embossed areas with your fingertip to bring out the texture and shine. (You can use ink and a blending tool as well.)
- Die cut Mirror Gold and white cardstock using the Color Block Panel Die and adhere them together with tape runner, allowing the white to peek out a bit from behind the gold.
- Apply Red Hot Foil to white cardstock using the heart design from the Love Enclosed Glimmer Plate Set and cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Love Enclosed Glimmer Plate Set and trim it out into a thin strip.
- Die cut white and Rainforest Cardstock using the floral dies from the Pop Up 3D Vignette Coffee Tea or Me Die Set and adhere them together with liquid glue.
- Adhere the embossed panel to a top-folding A2-size white card base with tape runner.
- Add the envelope flap to the card front with foam adhesive and then pop the foiled heart and sentiment up on top with more foam adhesive.
- Adhere the flowers to the card front with liquid glue and add Gold Mix Gems to the flower centers.
white heavyweight cardstock, gold gilding wax, scissors, tape runner, foam adhesive
Sometimes embossing can be both the background and the star of the show. Here I’ve created a quilted look using some basic heart die cuts arrange in a pattern, followed by embossing the whole panel.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 5.25”.
- Die cut several shades of cardstock using the heart outline die from the Love Enclosed Glimmer Plate Set (I chose colors from my stash that reminded me of candy hearts) and adhere them evenly across the white panel using tape runner or liquid glue.
- Trim any overhanging pieces off of the panel and emboss it using the Spreading Love Embossing Folder.
- Die cut white and pink cardstock using the Love You More Die Set.
- Adhere the sentiment to its outline layer with liquid glue.
- Adhere the background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the sentiment up in the center of the card front with more foam adhesive.
- Add Crystal Mix Gems to embellish.
White heavyweight cardstock, Lemon Drop, Applemint, and Bubblegum Pink Cardstock from Gina K Designs, Peekaboo Peach and Tempting Turquoise Cardstock from Stampin’ Up, tape runner, foam adhesive
January 2022 Embossing Folder of the Month – Video Tutorial
Watch video tutorial using this month kit below or on Youtube:
Here’s a closer look at the projects we created using our January 2022 Embossing Folder of the Month:
For those who want to join multiple clubs to bundle and save, we offer Value Clubs and VIP Value Clubs. VIP Value Clubs offer members the most value and savings + members will periodically get BONUS Deals and Gifts. See all Value Club options here.