Hello fellow crafters. It’s Jean sharing two Valentines created with the Open House Valentines die set, part of the Love You More Collection. This die set expands the Open House Collection to include another holiday. Let’s look at how I decorated two doors for Valentine’s Day.
For the first card, I started by choosing black foil cardstock for the door as a way for the red elements to pop.
- Create A-2 card base with patterned paper (example shows vellum added to paper to tone down the pattern). Add 5/8-inch strip of gray cardstock to base of card front.
- Die-cut door with the Open House Door Base set and side lights with the Open House Door Side Panel set from black foil, light gray, silver foil (letter flap and door knob), and Snowdrift Assemble pieces.
- With the Open House Valentines set, die-cut door mat from red flock and Snowdrift cardstock. Add to door assembly.
- Die-cut heart, arrows, and envelope pieces from red flock, Snowdrift, and silver foil cardstock. Assemble and add to door front.
- Add door assembly to card base
- Embellish with hearts cut with from red flock cardstock with the Open House Valentines set.
Patterned paper, black foil cardstock, silver foil cardstock, red flock cardstock, light gray cardstock, medium gray cardstock
For my second Valentine’s Day door, I started with the idea of using the Open House Sentiment Steps and from there I chose a mini-slimline size of 3 ½ by 6 ½ inches.
- Create mini-slimline card base (3 ½ by 6 ½ inches) from patterned paper. Add 1½-inch strip of dark gray cardstock to the bottom.
- Die-cut door with Open House Door Base and side lights with the Open House Door Side Panel set from red flock, light blue, gold foil (letter flap and door knob), and Snowdrift Assemble pieces.
- Glimmer foil the More Sentiments sentiment in Gold on medium gray cardstock. Cut with die in the Open House Sentiment Steps. Cut step treads from same medium gray cardstock that has been slightly darkened with gray ink. Assemble steps.
- Die-cut banister pieces from gold foil and Snowdrift Assemble.
- Die-cut heart banners and envelope from gold foil and Snowdrift Assemble envelope and tuck into letter flap. Add heart banners above door.
- Embellish with hearts cut from red flock cardstock with the Open House Valentines set.
Patterned paper, gold foil cardstock, red flock cardstock, medium gray cardstock, dark gray cardstock, gray ink
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to craft Valentine’s Day cards using this newest addition to the Open House Collection.