Yana’s Blooms Inspiration with Natasha Vacca
Hi, my name is Natasha Vacca and I am so excited to be a guest designing on the Spellbinders blog today! I have had an amazing time working with the new release – Yana’s Blooms. I fell in love with everything in this new collection! Yana’s work is truly AMAZING and to be asked to create with her new Yana’s Blooms collection is a dream come true! You can also find me on my personal blog. I would love it if you stopped by there too!
For my first card, I am sharing a card using the Magnolia Blooms die set. This large die is the perfect bouquet and it is truly beautiful. I started with the large floral frame die. I die cut this 2 times on white card stock. I glued these together to create a sturdy base for my flower. I then die cut the floral bouquet insert 4 times. I die cut this 2 times using white card stock, 1 time with gold/metallic, then once with pink card stock from the Spellbinders Color Essential Variety pack. I glued the white and gold outside floral layers together using liquid adhesive. I then glued this on top of the Magnolia Blooms outer layer. I then carefully used the pink pieces to inlay them inside the Magnolia Blooms. To make this step easier I did leave this on my die cutting machine to help me figure out the placement of each floral leaf on the bloom! Once this was done, I set the bloom aside to work on my background.
Next, I used the Glimmer Stripes background to create a focal point for my floral image. I used my Spellbinders Hot Foil System. I foiled the stripes background with a gold foil from the Metallic Variety Pack. Once this was foiled, I die cut the background 2 times using the Essential Rectangles set. I glued the background down to an A2 card base using both liquid and foam adhesive. I popped up the smallest rectangle with foam tape.
Next, I used Yana’s Layered Script Sentiments die set. I chose the sentiment Happy Birthday. I die cut the shadow, as well as the script sentiment (3x) to add dimension. I adhered these together using liquid glue. I also heat embossed the sentiment for added shine.
To complete the card I foiled a few leaves from the Magnolia Bouquet glimmer set. I used pink foil from the Metallic and Holographic variety pack. I added the leaves to my card using liquid glue to complete the card.
Hammermill Card stock, WOW Embossing Powder, Liquid and Foam Adhesive
Magnolia Glimmer Blooms/Magnolia Bouquet (Purple)
For my next card, I used the Magnolia Glimmer Blooms and Magnolia Bouquet glimmer sets as the focal image for my card. I started by using my Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System. I foiled multiple images from the Magnolia Glimmer Blooms, Magnolia Bouquet, as well as the Geo Foliage glimmer sets. I used Silver foil from the Metallic Variety Pack. Once everything was foiled I used the coordinating dies included in each set to die cut each image using my Spellbinders Platinum. I set these aside to work on my background.
Next, I used the Scallops Embossing Folder from Spellbinders. I dry embossed this using a purple cardstock from the variety pack. Then I die cut this using the largest rectangle from the Essential Rectangles die set. I then adhered this to an A2 card base.
It was now time to add color to my floral images. I used a variety of shades of purple and pink dye inks to add color to my flowers. I added color using a blending tool. Then I started to work on the placement of my flowers and leaves. I started by gluing down the white glimmer shape from the Geo Foliage set. I adhered this in the middle, and then carefully adhered the flowers and leaves using both liquid and foam adhesive. I also added a bit of silver thread underneath for some added texture.
To complete the card I foiled/die cut a thanks sentiment from the Splatter Sentiments glimmer set.
DYE Inks, Silver Thread, Liquid, and Foam Adhesive
Magnolia Glimmer Blooms (Pink & teal)
For my last card, I wanted to watercolor with the Magnolia Glimmer Blooms. I was excited to try this with foil! I started by foiling the Magnolia Glimmer Blooms on watercolor paper. I used silver foil from the Metallic variety Pack. I then taped my paper down onto a hardboard to watercolor. I did several layers of color and then die-cut the bloom with the coordinating die. I set this aside to work on my background.
Next, I foiled the Glimmer stripes background onto the Glimmer Specialty Clear Film Sheets from Spellbinders! WOW – these are so cool! I used a silver foil from the Metallic and Holographic Variety Pack. I trimmed this using the Essential Rectangles set. Next, I used a piece of pattern paper from my stash to add a bit of color behind the clear sheet. I then adhered the clear film sheet to my pattern paper using a tape runner. I adhered this where my floral image would be to cover the tape. I then adhered this to an A2 base. I then adhered the floral image with foam tape (I added a bit of silver thread behind the image for added texture).
To complete the card I used a foiled sentiment – Thanks from the Splatter sentiments set.
Pattern paper, liquid and foam adhesive, silver thread, watercolor paper
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I love this new collection and be sure to stop by the Spellbinders blog for more beautiful inspiration! I hope you’ll stop by my blog as well! Thank you so much!
Great cads! My fav is the silver striped and water color combo. Great designs and foiling just takes it to the next level. Just adore Yana’s designs and sentiments, because they make all of our paper crafting shine.