Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Be Bold Color Block Collection from Spellbinders. The eye-catching sentiment designs in this collection inspired me to create three fun cards with touches of gold perfect for sending special greetings.
Happy Birthday Card
I love having a variety of birthday cards on hand for when I’m short on time at different times during the year. The Be Bold Colorblock Happy Birthday Die Set is perfect for creating fast cards, but also really easy to personalize for the recipient. Here I’ve used lots of pink and gold with a fun party icon for a super feminine slimline birthday card.
- Trim pieces of Pink Sand and Dahlia Cardstock to 3.5” x 8.5”.
- Apply Matte Gold Hot Foil to each end of the panels using the Slimline Confetti Background Glimmer Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Die-cut each panel with the Birthday die from the Be Bold Color Block Happy Birthday Die Set and save only the letters from each.
- Die-cut Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Happy die from the same set.
- Apply Matte Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the More Sentiments Glimmer Plate Set and cut it into a small strip using the coordinating die.
- Die-cut Dahlia and white cardstock using the Coupe Glass dies from the Shopping Cart Party On Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Adhere the embossed background to a top-folding slimline-sized white card base with a tape runner.
- Add the “birthday” letters to the card front with foam adhesive, alternating between Dahlia and Pink Sand letters.
- Pop the drink, “happy” letters, and foiled sentiment strip up in the middle of the card with more foam adhesive.
Thank You Card
Next, I wanted to see if I could make these giant sentiments even bolder. With some vivid ink blending and little gold shadow, this thank you really pops off the page!
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to a little larger than 3.25” x 6.25”.
- Blend Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks over the panel to create a sunset-inspired background.
- Die-cut the ink-blended panel with the Thank die from the Be Bold Color Block Thank You Die Set.
- Die-cut Mirror Gold Cardstock with the Thank and You dies from the Be Bold Color Block Thank You Die Set.
- Adhere the ink blended “thank” letters on top of the gold letters with liquid glue, allowing the gold layer to peak out to the right side.
- Trim a piece of Onyx Cardstock to 3.25” x 6.375” and adhere it on top of a similarly-sized top-folding white card base. (You will need a little extra width in the card front to accommodate the shadowed letters.)
- Adhere the large letters onto the card front with liquid glue.
- Pop the “you” letters up on the lower right corners with foam adhesive.
- Embellish with Gold Mix Gems.
Graduation Congratulations Card
With graduation season approaching, I know I’m going to need tons of congratulations cards. I love making personalized cards with the recipient’s school colors, and thought a swipe of gold would be a fun touch on this bright congrats card.
- Die-cut Cosmic Sky and Teal Topaz Cardstock using the Congrats die from the Be Bold Color Block Congrats Die Set.
- Quickly swipe gold gilding wax on the lower half of each letter using a foam blending tool for a painterly look. (If you don’t have gilding wax, you can use a brush and gold metallic paint for this step or even swipe Versamark Ink on the die-cuts before adding gold embossing powder for a similar look.)
- Apply Matte Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using the Mini Everyday Sentiments Glimmer Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine and cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Die-cut Cosmic Sky Cardstock with the Yay die from the Be Bold Color Block Congrats Die Set.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the largest die from the Precision Layering Mini Slimline A Die Set and emboss it with the Striped Slimline Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the embossed background to a top-folding mini slimline-sized white card base with a tape runner.
- Add the “congrats” letters to the card front with foam adhesive.
- Pop the “yay” letters and foiled sentiment up in the lower right corner with more foam adhesive.
Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks, White heavyweight cardstock, gold gilding wax, foam blending tool, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed this trio of bold slimline cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.