Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Spring Into Glimmer Collection from Spellbinders. The gorgeous foil plates and beautiful sentiments in this collection inspired me to create three cheery springtime cards for different occasions.
The beautiful blooms and leaves in the Glimmer Edge Flowers Plate Set are perfect for so many types of projects. Here I added a pretty gilded bouquet to the center of this foiled and partially-embossed card front for a cheerful thank you card.
- Trim a piece of Dahlia Cardstock to 4” x 5.25”.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to the very bottom of the panel using one of the sentiments from the Sentiments For Everyday Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Slide just the portion of the cardstock above the foiled sentiment into the Loops Embossing Folder and emboss the top of the panel.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using the blooms and leaf sprig plates from the Glimmer Edge Flowers Plate Set.
- Blend Abandoned Coral Distress Ink on the center of the foiled blooms and Squeezed Lemonade and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink on the leaves on the sprigs using a sponge dauber.
- Cut the images out using the coordinating dies.
- Adhere the background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves in the center of the card front and adhere them down with liquid glue.
- Add Gold Mix Gems to embellish.
I wasn’t quite done with these beautiful flowers yet. I thought they would look great combined with some of the other foil elements in the collection. In the second Spring Into Glimmer Collection card, I’ve added a beautiful butterfly and sentiment to my floral sprays for a bright and cheery hello card.
- Trim a piece of Pink Sand Cardstock to 4” x 5.25”.
- Apply gold metallic ink over the entire panel using just the scrollwork design from the Venetian Wallpaper stencil.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the Medium Oval die from the Picot Petite Ovals Die Set.
- Apply Bright Pink Hot Foil to Pink Sand Cardstock using the flower plates from the Glimmer Edge Flowers Plate Set. Add a bit of Picked Raspberry Distress Ink to the centers of each layer with a sponge dauber.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to Rainforest Cardstock using the leafy sprig plate from the Glimmer Edge Flowers Plate Set. Blend a touch of Mowed Lawn Distress Ink on the leaves with a sponge dauber.
- Apply Copper Hot Foil to Persimmon Cardstock using the Small Butterfly Plate from the Glimmer Edge Butterflies Plate Set. Add a bit of Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink to the inner wings with a sponge dauber. Die-cut the coordinating body out of Mirror Gold Cardstock.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Be Bold Glimmer Sentiments Plate Set and cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Die-cut Mirror Gold, Waterfall, and Rainforest Cardstock using the flower and leaf dies from the Glimmer Edge Flowers Plate Set. Assemble with liquid glue.
- Adhere the background panel onto a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive. Next, add the die-cut oval in the center with more foam adhesive.
- Arrange the floral clusters and butterfly on the card front and adhere down with liquid glue. Add Gold Mix Gems to the flower centers.
- Pop the sentiment up on top with foam adhesive.
I love all of the possibilities with the Sentiment Banner Glimmer Plate Set and wanted to use it as a focal point, so I added a pretty, but subtle background and let the sentiment shine on this easy card perfect for a variety of occasions.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the Extra Large Rectangle dies from the Essential Rectangles Die Set.
- Add a soft pattern to the panel by applying Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink through the Star Bright Stencil with a blending brush.
- Remove the stencil and go over the star pattern with a clear Wink of Stella Pen for a little extra sparkle.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to Waterfall Cardstock using the Sentiment Banner Glimmer Plate Set and cut each band out with the coordinating dies.
- To give the banner some dimension, first, adhere just the ends together using liquid glue to assemble the full banner. Then, add foam adhesive in the center of each band to pop it up from the “shaded” bands behind it.
- Mat the background panel with Mirror Gold and Waterfall Cardstock before adhering it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with a tape runner.
- Add the banner to the center of the card front with liquid glue.
- Embellish with lots of Crystal Mix Gems.
White heavyweight cardstock, Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, blending brush, sponge daubers, Clear Wink of Stella Pen, gold metallic ink, tape runner, foam adhesive.