Paint Your World – Paintbrush Cards for Art Lovers with Annie Williams
Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Paint Your World Collection by Vicky Papaioannou. The fun paintbrush-themed designs and beautiful nature-inspired extras in this collection inspired me to create three colorful cards for the art lovers in my life.
Oversized Paintbrush Card
The oversized brush in the Painted Blooms Die Set was the perfect base for me to try out a ton of the different accessories in the collection. Here I added layers of flowers and even a butterfly to this pretty slimline card perfect for sending a springtime hello.
- Die-cut the handle of the brush from the Painted Blooms Die Set out of Cosmic Sky and Mirror Silver Cardstock and the bristles out of gold glitter cardstock.
- Die-cut Fern, Beeswax, Timber, and Snowdrift Cardstock using the flower and stem dies from the Painted Blooms Die Set.
- Die-cut Rainforest, Pink Sand, and Dahlia Cardstock using the flower and leaf dies from the Artful Tulip Die Set.
- Assemble the flowers and brush handle separately with liquid glue, then slowly build your garden behind the handle in layers. First, add the row of tulips closest to the ferrule of the brush, then add the greenery and daisies behind the tulips, and finally, add the gold bristles furthest to the back.
- Apply Silver Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Be Bold Glimmer Sentiments Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine and cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Die-cut Persimmon, Terra Cotta, and Onyx Cardstock using one of the butterflies dies from the Butterfly Burst Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of Glacier Cardstock to 3.25” x 8.25” and emboss it using the Slimline Flora Embossing Folder.
- Add the embossed background to a side-folding white card base measuring 3.5” x 8.5” with foam adhesive.
- Pop the paintbrush garden up in the center of the card and add the sentiment to the lower right corner with more foam adhesive.
- Embellish with Silver Mix Gems and the butterfly.
Heavyweight white cardstock, DCWV Gold Glitzy Cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
Oversized Painter’s Palette
The oversized palette in the Painter’s Palette Die Set is perfect for big, bold cards or even shaped cards. Here I’ve used a rainbow of color along with the fun art supplies in this set to create a bright 5” x 7” card for a friend.
- Die-cut kraft cardstock using the palette die and white cardstock using the paint blob and paint tube dies from the Painter’s Palette Die Set.
- Blend a rainbow of colors onto the paint blobs and paint tube pieces with Distress Ink and a sponge dauber.
- Assemble the palette and paint tube with liquid glue (I also added a droplet to the tube using one of the dies from the Artful Brush Die Set).
- Die-cut Onyx, Mirror Gold, and white cardstock using the paintbrush die from the Painter’s Palette Die Set. Blend Tea Dye Distress Ink over the bristles and assemble the brush with liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4.825” x 6.825” and emboss it using the Splatter Embossing Folder.
- Blend Peacock Feathers Distress Ink around the edges with a blending brush.
- Mat it with Onyx Cardstock and adhere it to a top-folding A7-sized white card base.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Fall Greetings Stamp Set onto white cardstock and cut it out using the smallest die from the Essential Label Die Set.
- Insert the paintbrush handle through the palette hole and adhere to the front of the card with foam adhesive.
- Pop the paint tube and sentiment up around the palette with more foam adhesive.
White heavyweight cardstock, kraft cardstock, Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, and Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, and Tea Dye Distress Ink, sponge daubers, blending brush, Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink, tape runner, foam adhesive.
I loved the playfulness of the Artful Brush Die Set and wanted to create a fun card with blobs of color. With light pinks and blues and the spirit of creating, I thought this would make a really unique baby card for an art-loving couple!
- Trim a piece of Glimmer Specialty Cardstock to 4.25” x 5” and apply Pink Hot Foil to it using the Brush Strokes Glimmer Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Die-cut Waterfall Cardstock using the Large Outer Rim and Insert dies from the Fluted Classics Rectangles Die Set.
- Adhere the background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base using a tape runner and then pop the foiled panel up in the center using foam adhesive.
- Die-cut Portobello, Alabaster, and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the brush dies from the Artful Brush Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Die-cut Waterfall and Pink Sand Cardstock using the paint blob die from the Artful Brush Die Set.
- Trim the paint blobs with scissors to fit at the end of the paintbrush and in the upper right corner of the card.
- Adhere the paintbrush to the center of the card with foam adhesive and add the pink paint blob on top with liquid glue.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Celebrate You Glimmer Sentiments Plate Set and cut it out using the smallest square die from the Essential Squares Die Set.
- Pop the sentiment and additional paint blob up in the corners of the card with more foam adhesive.
White heavyweight cardstock, scissors, tape runner, foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed this trio of fun art-inspired cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.