Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Happy Dance Collection from Spellbinders. The unique kinetic dies, versatile accessories, and beautiful sentiments in this collection inspired me to create three fun cards perfect for celebrating lots of different little moments.
Stuck on You Kinetic Card
What crafter can’t think of at least a dozen ways to use this cute little glue bottle on a card? Here I’ve added it to a pretty set of legs for this easy love card.
- Die-cut Pink Sand, Barely Peach, Snowdrift, and Persimmon Cardstock using the legs, skirt, and glue bottle dies from the I Dance Die Set. Assemble with liquid glue.
- Die-cut the skirt again from a piece of patterned paper from the Have A Springy Day Paper Pad and adhere it to the Pink Sand layer with liquid glue.
- Apply Matte Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using the More Sentiments Glimmer Plate Set and cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Repeat on Waterfall Cardstock using one of the sentiments from the We Dance Glimmer Plate Set and cut it out using the glue bottle label die in the I Dance Die Set.
- Trim a piece of Waterfall Cardstock to 4” x 5.25” and emboss it using the This Plus This Embossing Folder.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the medium oval outer rim and insert dies from the Fluted Classics Ovals Die Set.
- Adhere the embossed background to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with a tape runner.
- Pop the oval die-cut and sentiment strip up on top of the card front with foam adhesive.
- Assemble the dancing legs mechanism on top of the oval.
Heavyweight white cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
#1 Prize Ribbon Kinetic Card
The prize ribbon die from the Let’s Dance Die Set is beautifully detailed and can be used for so many different occasions. This interactive mini slimline card is perfect for the upcoming graduation season.
- Die-cut Cosmic Sky, bronze shimmer, Barely Peach, and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the legs and prize ribbon dies from the Let’s Dance Die Set.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using the We Dance Sentiments Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Cut the “#1” out using the rosette center die from the Let’s Dance Die Set and trim the “Congratulations” sentiment into a strip.
- Die-cut Fern, Mirror Gold, and white cardstock using the Precision Layering Mini Slimline A & B Die Sets so that each layer is 1/16 of an inch apart.
- Emboss the white layer using the Diagonal Stripes Slimline Embossing Folder.
- Mat the embossed panel with the gold and green panels and mount them all onto a side-folding white card base measuring 3.5” x 6.5” with a tape runner.
- Build the dancing legs mechanism onto the top part of the card front.
- Pop the sentiment up at the bottom of the card with foam adhesive.
White heavyweight cardstock, bronze shimmer cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
Die Cut Latte Pattern Card
Lastly, I thought the accessories in this collection were so adorable that they could stand on their own. Here I cut a bunch of coffee cups and small layered flowers and created my own dimensional patterned paper for a cute friendship card.
- Die-cut white, Waterfall, Silver Fox, Pink Sand, Beeswax, and Rainforest Cardstock using the coffee cup and small flower from the I Dance Die Set.
- Assemble each flower and coffee cup separately with liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of kraft cardstock to 4.125” x 5.375” and emboss it using the Diamond Plaid Embossing Folder.
- Arrange the coffee cups and flowers on top of the embossed panel to form a pattern and then adhere them all down with foam adhesive.
- Trim any overhanging pieces off with a pair of scissors.
- Adhere the background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base using a tape runner.
- Apply Matte Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the We Dance Glimmer Sentiments Plate Set and cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Pop the sentiment up in the center of the card with foam adhesive.
Kraft and white heavyweight cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed these easy and fun cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.