Let’s Celebrate! Custom Cards & Easy Gift Bags How-To!
Hello fellow crafters. It’s Jean sharing projects created with the Celebrate You Collection at Spellbinders. This versatile collection is chock-full of products – dies, stamps, glimmer plates, embossing folders – designed to make projects for a wide range of occasions including graduation, birthday, new baby, and get well. Let’s look at the cards and gift bags that I made for graduation and birthday celebrations.
Nothing says graduation like the iconic mortarboard. Use the Hats Off to You die set to create a stand-alone focal point with a sentiment or a focal point paired with a sentiment in the Celebrate You set.
- Dry-emboss Brushed Gold panel sized 4 x 5 ¼ inches with This Plus This folder. Add to A2-size card base covered with textured white cardstock.
- Dry-emboss Brushed Silver panel sized 4 x 5 ¼ inches with This Plus This folder. Add to A2-size card base covered with textured white cardstock.
- Cut Hats Off to You mortarboard cap, with sentiment insert, and button from Onyx cardstock. Cut solid mortarboard cap and tassel pieces from Brushed Silver cardstock. Assemble.
- Cut Hats Off to You mortarboard cap and tassel pieces from Onyx and Brushed Gold cardstock. Assemble.
- Customize the graduation card by including the year. Cut numbers with dies in the Simply Perfect Alpha set from Onyx and Brushed Silver cardstock. Assemble by offsetting the Onyx numbers for a drop-shadow effect.
- Designer Tip: Customize the graduation projects by adding the school initials and/or using the school colors.
- Glimmer foil “Cheers to You” sentiment in Matte Gold with plate in the Celebrate You set on Snowdrift cardstock. Cut sentiment with die in the Sentiment Labels set. Cut top layer from Brushed Gold cardstock with rectangular inset. Adhere to sentiment. Add brads add both ends.
- Embellish cards with Gold Mix Gems and Silver Mix Gems.
Graduation Gift Bags
- Die-cut Gift Bag pieces from patterned paper. Assemble with double-sided tape. Set aside.
- Glimmer foil sentiments “Best Day Ever” and “From All of Us” in the Celebrate You set with Matte Silver and Matte Gold on Onyx cardstock. Cut with dies in the Assorted Tags set. Die-cut ties from Brushed Gold cardstock using a die in the Assorted Tags set. Attach to gift bags with clips.
Textured white cardstock, patterned paper, brads, clips, double-sided tape
Celebration Card & Gift Bag
The Celebrate You Collection makes it a cinch to coordinate a birthday card with a patterned paper gift bag.
- Cut Gift Bag pieces from patterned paper. Assemble. Set aside.
- Glimmer foil sentiments “Open Me” and “Best Day Ever” in the Celebrate You set with Matte Silver on colored cardstock. Cut with dies in the Assorted Tags set. Cut tie from Brushed Silver cardstock with die in the Assorted Tags set. Attach tags to gift bag with an enamel dot.
- Dry-emboss card background from teal cardstock (to coordinate with gift bag patterned paper) with Head in the Clouds folder. (A2-size or 4 x 5 ¼ inches).
- Paint Bristol cardstock with acrylic paints. Once dry, die-cut with balloon dies in the Open Road set. Attach strings with glue.
- Glimmer foil “Sprinkled with Fun” sentiment in Matte Silver with a plate in the Celebrate You set on Snowdrift cardstock.
- Cut sentiment with die in the Swallowtail Tags set.
- Add balloons to the dry-embossed background with double-sided tape and foam adhesive. Adhere strings to card background with a strip of tape. Add sentiment label with foam adhesive. Trim strings.
- Embellish with Crystal Mix Gems.
Patterned paper, enamel dot, colored cardstock, white textured cardstock, double-sided tape, foam adhesive, acrylic paints, white crochet string, Bristol cardstock
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to craft projects for your celebrations with the Celebrate You Collection at Spellbinders.
The graduation cards are just perfect! That tassel is very impressive. The plus embossed background is amazing for those cards. Also love the balloons and with all the strings! I have tried that, and it is not easy! So many fun things . . .