Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Pie Perfection Collection from Spellbinders. The unique designs and sweet sentiments in this collection inspired me to create three fun pie-themed cards for a variety of occasions.
Chocolate Strawberry Pie
When I think of pie slices, I often think of cute cafes or diners first. Here I added a slice of chocolate strawberry pie to a light and airy café-inspired background for a sweet love card.
- Die-cut Dahlia, Portobello, Timber, and white cardstock using the Serve A Slice Die Set. Add Tea Dye Distress Ink to the edges of the crust with a sponge dauber and assemble the slice with liquid glue.
- Die-cut Timber, Poppy Red, and Rainforest Cardstock using the chocolate and strawberry dies from the Delicious Decorations Die Set.
- Die-cut Silver Fox and Mirror Silver Cardstock using the plate and fork dies from the Dish It Up Die Set.
- Trim a piece of Waterfall Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and emboss it using the Geo Screen Embossing Folder.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4.25” x 2.5” and stamp the “hello cutie” sentiment onto it in black ink using the Perfect Pie Sentiments & Fillings Stamp Set.
- Adhere the embossed background onto a top-folding A2-sized white card base with a tape runner and then add the white panel to the bottom with more tape runner.
- Die-cut the “pie” word from Onyx Cardstock using the Perfect Pies Die Set and adhere it next to the rest of the sentiment with liquid glue.
- Pop the pie slice, plate, strawberry, and chocolate up on the card front with foam adhesive.
- Embellish the background with Silver Mix Gems.
I know it’s only April, but I couldn’t make pie cards without thinking about autumn! Here I added a big, beautiful apple pie to a simple background for a fun and easy Thanksgiving card.
- Die-cut Portobello, Phone Booth, and Mirror Silver Cardstock using the Perfect Pies Die Set.
- Add some browning to the crust with Tea Dye Distress Ink and a sponge dauber and assemble with liquid glue.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the leaf dies from the Delicious Decorations Die Set. Color them using Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Vintage Photo Distress Inks, and a sponge dauber.
- Die-cut Red Poppy and Fern Cardstock using the apple die from the Welcome Fall Die Set. Add a bit of shading to the apple with Candied Apple Distress Ink.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the medium circle from the Picot Petite Circles Die Set.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Perfect Pies Sentiments & Fillings Stamp Set in black ink onto the bottom of the die-cut panel.
- Trim a piece of fall-themed patterned paper to 4.75” square and adhere it to a top-folding 5” square white card base with a tape runner.
- Pop the die-cut circle panel up in the center of the card front with foam adhesive.
- Add the pie and decorations to the circle with more foam adhesive.
Ants on the Pie
I thought the little ants in the stamp set were hilarious, so I created a little pie picnic scene next. The Picnic Checkerboard Stencil was perfect for creating a little tablecloth for this cute birthday card.
- Trim a piece of Fern Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and emboss it using the Simply Perfect Florets Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the embossed panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with a tape runner.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the medium square from the Fluted Classics Squares Die Set.
- Mask off the decorative edges of the die-cut square with Post-It tape or masking paper and apply Festive Berries Distress Ink onto it using the Picnic Checkerboard Stencil.
- Shift the stencil to the open areas and apply Spun Sugar Distress Ink through it to create a two-toned checkerboard pattern.
- Die-cut Portobello and Cosmic Sky Cardstock using the Sky View Pies Die Set. Add a little browning to the crust with Tea Dye Distress Ink and a sponge dauber and assemble with liquid glue.
- Die-cut Poppy Red, Rainforest, and Cosmic Sky Cardstock using the strawberry and holly berry dies from the Delicious Decorations Die Set.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Perfect Pie Sentiments & Fillings Stamp Set in black ink onto white cardstock. Add an ant next to the sentiment and trim it into a small strip.
- Stamp additional ants onto the picnic tablecloth.
- Pop the tablecloth up on the top left corner of the card front using foam adhesive and trim off any overhanging cardstock with scissors.
- Add the sentiment to the lower right corner.
White heavyweight cardstock, Tea Dye, Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Vintage Photo, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, and Spun Sugar Distress Inks, sponge dauber, blending brush, Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink, PhotoPlay Mad 4 Plaid Fall 6×6 Paper pad, scissors, Post-It tape, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed these sweet cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.