May 2022 Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Preview & Tutorials – Pop Up 3D Vignette What’s Bakin’ Oven
Our May 2022 Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month preview & tutorials are here! Designed by Becca Feeken from Amazing Paper Grace this “Pop Up 3D Vignette What’s Bakin’ Oven” die of the month will have you creating gorgeous layered projects in no time! Versatile, elegant, and timeless. This die set features 14 dies.
Enjoy the step-by-step tutorial below as well as the video tutorial to get you started with this month’s kit. Make sure to show us what you create by tagging #AmazingPaperGraceClubKit & #SpellbindersClubKits on social media!
Catch step-by-step instructions below. Click photos to enlarge:
- Cut out oven front die 2 times with door inserts: 1 Dark Teal. 1 Light Teal. Cut oven front die without door inserts 6 times: 5 Dark Teal, 1 Light Gray. Trim pieces as noted. Cut remaining pieces; note that many pieces work “double duty” – Circle from burner layer can be used for center of clock; knob circles are also cookies. The door handle layer is also used as a utensil rack; the door handle base is also used as the decorative piece above the clock.
- Glue acetate behind Light Teal top door; add handles. Glue doors onto Dark Teal layer: make sure doors can open. Add strip with knobs. Die cut sentiment on Light Gray front over layer as shown. Glue black strips behind the die cut sentiments to “color in” letters. Add baking racks. Glue Dark Teal layer onto Light Gray layer. Make sure not to glue down the doors!
Option: Add a small circle right above the doors to act as a tab to keep the doors closed but still easy enough to open.
- Fold 3D Vignette pieces on perforations and apply adhesive or red line tape to the folded tabs. Attach one side of Vignette piece to back layer of oven. Place 3 interior layers into slots. Repeat with Vignette piece on other side. This 3D Vignette is a little different! It has a top layer (range top); glue 4 burners to the range top. Fold tabs. Glue the smaller tab to the back of the front oven layer so it is even with the top edge. Let dry. Attach front of oven to the front of the 3D vignette assembled piece.
- Think of this as a box, with the range as the box top. The larger tab piece will just slide in front of the back layer. Open the back layer and it can flatten for mailing (padded envelope recommended).
- Add cookie tray and cookies and one oven mitt to the range top. Glue utensil rack, utensils and other mitt to both sides of the 3D Vignette.
Approximate Finished Project Measurement: 1.75 x 3.00 x 4.00 in I 4.45 x 7.62 x 10.16 cm
May 2022 APG Die of the Month – Video Tutorial
Watch the video tutorial using this month’s kit below or on Youtube.
Here’s a closer look at the other projects created using May 2022 Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month:
For those who want to join multiple clubs to bundle and save, we offer Value Clubs and VIP Value Clubs. VIP Value Clubs offer members the most value and savings + members will periodically get BONUS Deals and Gifts. See all Value Club options here.
Beautiful! I am also interested in the cardstock you used in the YouTube video. The peachy colored one looks like it has a glossy type finish. Can I ask where you got them from
For that oven I used a glossy card base from (Fundamentals – Cardmaking for Connoisseurs) If you google that, you find more card bases. They may even have individual sheets. Can be ordered online I believe.
Love this one! So innovative and versatile.
I’m so glad you like it. It’s one of my favorites too and seems to fall right into my way of gift giving. It’s definitely a way to warm someones heart!
Oh my gosh, can it get any cuter? I just LOVE this die, it’s a must have for me!
I’m so glad you like it! To me, half of the enjoyment is in the making – the other is in the giving. I’ve found that this little one always evokes a look of glee followed by a smile. I hope you have the same response. ?
Since I always bake lots of cookies for Christmas platters, this will be a delightful Christmas card idea! Sprinkle some red and green on the cookies!