Simple Foiling Ideas with Inspired Basics Collection and Lisa Mensing
Hello, crafty friends. Lisa Mensing here from Confetti and Card with Lisa Mensing. Today I am sharing three projects featuring the Inspired Basics Collection. What a great collection to add to your stash for creating coordinating cards and tags, perfect for Mother’s Day or just to brighten someone’s day. Let us check it out.
Smiline Brighten Your Day Card
Simple and clean, this slimline card is perfect for any occasion. This card is so pretty with all its white space and how the Citrine Glimmer Foil pops off the white cardstock.
- Using the Flowers for You Glimmer Plates and Citrine Glimmer Foil, foil white cardstock, the flowers with your favorite alcohol makers in yellow-greens and corals
- Use the coordinating outline dies to cut the foiled and colored images out
- Create the slimline white panel by running white cardstock along with the Loopy Circles and Picot Loops Borders from the Create a Slimline Border Die Set through the Platinum Die cutting machine
- Die-cut one navy and one white cardstock circle using Fluted Classic Circle Dies
- Use Foam Adhesive to assemble the card
- Finish off with Gold Fashion Embellishments
Neenah Avalanche White 120# Cardstock
Something Special Card
Citrine Foil looks great with Navy and Coral cardstocks, so I carried that theme through on this card, too. The method of foiling the Flowers for You on the hot foil plate to create a background for my tag was simple with the way the design is arranged on the plate.
- Use the Flowers for You Hot Foil Plate with the Citrine Glimmer Foil three times onto a white cardstock panel measuring 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”.
- Adhere to an A2 Navy card base using tape runner
- Die-cut coral cardstock using the Create a Decorative Tag Die
- Foil sentiment from the Something Special Hot Foil Plate Set using Gold Glimmer Foil
- Add Navy ribbon to create a bow or use the Create a Flutter & Flower Bow
- Add to the card base using foam adhesives
- Finish with Gold Fashion Embellishments
Neenah Avalanche White 120# cardstock, Coral cardstock, Navy Ribbon
A2 Brighten Your Day Card
To keep things simple, I have kept the colors the same and left a lot of white space. By using the Create a Slimline Border Die Set, I was able to create a beautiful piece of paper lace. A simple edging can be created with the Perforated Insert Die.
- Foil the Flowers for You and sentiment onto white cardstock using Gold Glimmer Foil
- Color the flowers using your favorite alcohol markers in yellow-greens and corals
- Die-cut the flowers using the coordinating outline dies
- Die-cut sentiment using the Fluted Classic Oval Die Set
- Use Perforated Insert Die from the Create a Slimline Border Die Set to create a simple edge along with the white cardstock panel
- Create paper lace using Navy Cardstock and Create a Slimline Border Die Set; trim to fit an A2 card base, use a tape runner to a
- Assemble card using foam adhesives
Neenah Avalanche White 120# cardstock
Having you here is always a pleasure – thank you!