Hello fellow crafters. It’s Jean sharing three cards created with the Add to Cart Too Collection by Becky Roberts at Spellbinders. This collection, consisting of die and stamp sets, can be used to craft for a variety of occasions and works with the previously released Add to Cart Collection. My cards focus on the incredible variety of objects included in the sets. Rather than place the objects in the shopping cart, I created cards outside the carts. Let’s take a look.
Outside the Cart – Awkward Flamingos
Easily add bling and dimension to a card with glittered foam adhesive.
- Stamp Around the Garden sentiment in black on light-teal cardstock panel sized 5 x 7 inches.
- Cut a large oval from Blue Spruce cardstock panel, sized 5 x 7 inches, with die in the Nestabilities Essential Ovals
- Dry-emboss panel with April Embossing Folder of the Month “Radiant Burst.” Attach the stamped panel to the dry-embossed frame with foam adhesive. Attach the assembly to the card base.
- Die-cut flamingoes from Peony Pinks glitter foam, Snowdrift, and Onyx cardstock using dies in the Plant it Here set; assemble.
- Cut foliage from Shimmering Tropics glitter foam using die in the Plant it Here Cut additional foliage with dies in the Mini Blooms and Sprigs and Universal Curved Border Set sets.
- Adhere flamingoes to the card base.
- Adhere foliage pieces around the lower part of oval.
- Cut flowers from Snowdrift cardstock and flower centers from Brushed Gold cardstock with dies in the Mini Blooms and Sprigs, Universal Curved Border Set, and Bouquet of Flowers sets; assemble and add to scene.
- Embellish with gems from the Spectrum AB
Designer tip: Many die sets include flowers. Look through sets to find flowers with which to embellish your creations.
Outside the Cart – Around the Garden
Create a garden-themed scene with a combination of die-cut elements.
- Create a card base from teal cardstock sized 5 x 7 inches.
- Stamp Around the Garden sentiment in black ink on a Snowdrift cardstock panel, sized 4 ¾ x 6 ¾ inches. Use Vellum to mask the upper portion of the panel and apply brown ink for ground. Turn the vellum around to apply blue ink for sky.
- With the Plant it Here die set, cut watering can from Brushed Silver cardstock, pots from rust cardstock, soil from dark brown cardstock, foliage from green cardstock, and boots from red and Onyx
- Add clear embossing ink to boots and heat-emboss with clear powder. Trim off the sole of boots and adhere to Onyx
- Color portions of the foliage with a dark-brown marker.
- With the In the Garden die set, cut hat from pink and Snowdrift cardstock, spade from kraft, silver foil, and red cardstock, and large pot from rust cardstock.
- Assemble garden scene items. Add to the scene with glue and foam adhesive.
- Cut flowers from Snowdrift and pink cardstock with dies in the Bouquet of Flowers, Lemon Zest, and Shopping Spree
Outside the Cart – Purses
Create a CAS card using the design principle of repetition to showcase the adorable handbag (purse) included in the Shopping Run set.
- Dry-emboss gray cardstock, sized 5 x 7 inches, with the Diamond Plaid Add to the card base.
- Stamp sentiment from Shopping Run Sentiments set in navy on Snowdrift Cut with a circle die. Cut an additional circle from Vellum with die in the Fluted Circle set. Adhere circles and set them aside.
- Cut purse pieces with dies in the Shopping Run set from Snowdrift, navy, red, light blue, and silver foil cardstock; assemble.
- Attach purses to the dry-embossed background with foam adhesive. Trim purses at top and bottom as necessary.
- Add sentiment circle to card with foam adhesive.
Designer Tip: By using foam adhesive, any misalignment of the purses will be less noticeable.
Light-teal cardstock, foam adhesive, Еeal, rust, dark brown, kraft, red, green, pink, and silver foil cardstock; brown and blue inks; dark brown marker; VersaMark ink; clear embossing powder; Navy, red, light blue, gray, and silver foil cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to look outside the cart and create with the Add to Cart Too Collection at Spellbinders.