Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Stitchmas Christmas Collection from Spellbinders. The fun new stitching shapes and backgrounds in this collection inspired me to create three warm and cozy holiday cards with lots of stitched details.
Stitched Joy Card
The Stitched Joy Die Set creates such a beautiful focal point that I had to stitch this one up first. Here I used bright variegated floss with some rich new cardstock colors for this pretty holiday card with tons of texture.
- Die-cut Forest Cardstock using the Joy Base Die from the Stitched Joy Die Set and stitch the poinsettias and pine sprigs with pink, green, and yellow variegated floss. Stitch the remaining small flowers with white floss.
- Die-cut White Glitter Foam with the letters from the Stitched Joy Die Set and adhere them to the base die-cut with liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of Crimson Cardstock to 4” x 5.25”, emboss it using the Dazzling Dots Embossing Folder, and adhere it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Add the stitched design on top with more foam adhesive.
- Embellish with Opal Color Essentials Gems.
Stitched Ornament Card
I love the look of stitching designs even without the stitching. Here I used the Stitched Petal Diamond Background Die to create just a little pierced texture behind the beautiful Stitched Ornament assembled in soft and pretty colors.
- Die-cut Pink Sand Cardstock using the ornament die from the Stitched Ornament Die Set and stitch it with white and pink embroidery thread.
- Die-cut Mirror Silver Cardstock using the ornament accent and toppers dies from the same set, and then assemble with liquid glue.
- Die-cut Waterfall Cardstock using the Stitched Petal Diamond Background Die Set, slide a short length of white thread through the top center hole and adhere to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with liquid glue.
- Pulling the other end of the thread tight behind the ornament, adhere the shape down to the card front with foam adhesive.
- Apply Moondust Hot Foil to white cardstock using the Glitter Wishes Glimmer Plate Set and cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Add the sentiment to the center of the ornament with foam adhesive and embellish with Silver Mix Gems.
Christmas Hugs Card
Lastly, I love the look of a fully stitched background, so I grabbed some traditional Christmas colors for this colorful card perfect for sending a warm holiday hug.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the Stitched Diamond Argyle Die Set and stitch it with red and green embroidery floss.
- Die-cut a piece of Mirror Gold Cardstock to fit behind the panel and adhere it to the back with liquid glue.
- Adhere the background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with a tape runner.
- Die-cut Phone Booth Cardstock using the Essential Diamonds Die Set and adhere it to the center of the card front with foam adhesive.
- Die-cut Gold Glitter Foam with the Mix & Match Holiday Greetings Die Set and adhere to the center of the diamond with liquid glue.
white heavyweight cardstock, red & green embroidery thread, white and pink embroidery floss, tape runner, foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed these warm holiday cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.