You can’t have a Halloween Party without a dancing ghost, right? This Dancin’ Ghost is carrying a cute little bag full of die-cut candies, and the best part is that its striped legs swing back and forth!
Added a tiny hanging spider from Boo Dance Party Sentiments Clear Stamp Set to the ghost and accented it with a black sequin for a fun detail.
I wanted a background that wouldn’t distract too much from the ghost. After trying out a few options, I settled on using Color Block Slices Etched Dies in black and grays. Added a sentiment from Boo Dance Party Sentiments, trimmed the panel, and adhered to an A2 white card.
Haunt It House
My 2nd card uses the Haunted House etched dies, which cut out the house and all the fun elements. The Color Block Landscape die (an all-time favorite of mine) “paints” the sky. I love how dies let us color without picking up a marker or paintbrush. The sentiment is also from Boo Dance Party Sentiments.
A Spooktacular Heart
Love to use the little dies and sentiments in sets – they are a goldmine of possibilities. Formed a heart with the sentiments and dies from Haunted House, Dancin’ Ghost, and Boo Dance Party Sentiments. Used my new favorite cardstock, Spellbinders Glacier, for a background so that the white ghosts would pop. I love this cardstock because it is a very pale icy blue that acts like a neutral.
If you want to form a shape (rectangle, heart, candy cane, letters – anything) with small stamps or dies, here are a few tips:
- Watch Yana Smakula’s video here on how to do it.
- Make a template with scratch paper first.
- Draw or trace the image with a very light pencil and then erase.
- Place the sentiment first and work around it.
- For a shape with curves, like a heart or circle, use stamps and dies with curves (the ghosts, bats, and spider webs).
- Use tiny stamp images or embellishments to fill in any holes.
- Try and use the images so that they form a triangle. For example, in this card, the spider webs are placed in a triangle.
Thanks so much for checking out this post and thank you to Spellbinders!
Embellishments, cardstocks, foam adhesive, Paper trimmer, tiny dot stamps, acrylic block, black ink, patterned paper, scissors.