Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Home Sweet Quilt Collection by Becca Feeken. The gorgeous quilt-inspired patterns and beautiful heartfelt sentiments in the collection inspired me to create three pretty cards for different occasions.
Floral Hello Card
I was so taken by the beautiful and unique French Braid Panel design that I decided to try it out first. Here I combined a fun color-blended background with simple white flowers for this pretty mini slimline hello card.
- Die cut white cardstock once using the French Braid Panel Die insert and outline dies. Then cut once again using just the outline die.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to about 3” x 6” and blend Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Inks over the panel from opposite ends. Be sure to overlap in the center to create a pretty purple blend.
- Once dry, die cut the ink-blended panel using the French Braid Panel Die insert and outline dies.
- Adhere the white French braid border die-cut on top of the white solid panel with liquid glue and then piece the ink-blended, stitched inserts into the design.
- Mat the panel with Mirror Gold Cardstock.
- Create a top-folding white card base measuring 3.5” x 6.5” and emboss the front panel using the Orange Peel Quilt Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the die-cut background on top using foam adhesive.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments plates from the Be Bold Glimmer Sentiments Plate Set and cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Die cut white, Mirror Gold, and Rainforest Cardstock using the Be Bold Blooms Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Adhere the sentiment and flowers to the front of the card with foam adhesive and liquid glue. Finally, embellish with Gold Mix Gems.
Springtime Hugs Card
These gorgeous quilt designs in the Home Sweet Quilt Collection are perfect for using up some of the patterned paper in your stash too. Here I cut several different coordinating patterns from the same paper pad for an easy springtime hugs card.
- Die cut white cardstock once using the Patchwork Petals Die insert and outline dies and once using just the outline die.
- Die cut several coordinating patterned papers (make sure to choose at least one solid paper so the card doesn’t look too busy!) using the Patchwork Petals insert die.
- Adhere the white Patchwork Petals border die-cut on top of the white solid panel with liquid glue and then piece the patterned papers inserts into the design.
- Trim a piece of Beeswax Cardstock to a 4.75” square, emboss it using the Loops Embossing Folder, and adhere it to a top-folding 5” square white card base with tape runner.
- Wrap a ¼” white satin ribbon around the center of the quilt panel and tie a bow in the center.
- Adhere the quilted background panel to the card front using foam adhesive.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Quilty Hugs Sentiments Stamp Set onto white cardstock using light blue ink, trim it out, and adhere to the front of the card with foam adhesive.
Clean & Simple Friendship Card
Lastly, I wanted to use the Home Sweet Quilt Collection to create a simple card in shades of blue and green for a fun masculine friendship card.
- Die cut white cardstock once using the Flower Mini Quilt Die insert and outline dies and once using just the outline die.
- Die cut Peridot, Waterfall, Teal Topaz, Lagoon, Cosmic Sky, and Glacier Cardstock using the Flower Mini Quilt insert die.
- Adhere the white Flower Mini Quilt border die-cut on top of the white solid panel with liquid glue and then piece the colored cardstock inserts into the design.
- Trim a piece of Glacier Cardstock to a 5” square and emboss it using the Orange Peel Quilt Embossing Folder.
- Mat the embossed panel with Cosmic Sky Cardstock and adhere it to a top-folding 4.75” square white card base with a tape runner.
- Add the quilt background panel on top with foam adhesive.
- Stamp a sentiment onto white cardstock with blue ink using the Quilty Hugs Sentiments Stamp Set, trim it out into a small strip, and adhere it to the front of the card with foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed these pretty quilt-inspired card projects using the Home Sweet Quilt Collection. Thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.
Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Ink, Stampin’ Up Seaside Spray Ink, Versafine Clair Blue Belle Ink, Echo Park My Favorite Spring 6×6 Paper Pad, white satin ribbon.