Bloom Into Spring with the Victorian Garden Collection and Bonnie Crane
Hello, fellow cardmakers! Bonnie here from Bonniecarollee Makes Cards. If you haven’t started thinking about Spring, this post should get you in the mood! The theme for my projects is a Spring Birthday Celebration. The Victorian Collection is perfect for making a birthday or any occasion extra special!
BIRTHDAY PRESENT TOPPER
- The largest die and the detail die from Nestabilities Essential Ovals was used to cut Fern Card Stock. This will form the base for the floral arrangement and make it easy for the recipient to remove it from the gift.
- All of the flower components have a number etched on the dies to indicate the number of die cuts required.
- The coloring was done with Distress Oxide Inks using blender brushes.
- Magnolia was cut from Cream Card Stock. The carpels and stamens were cut from Bristol Smooth card stock and colored with Squeezed Lemonade. The base of each of the flower petals was given a light blush of pink with Spun Sugar. The leaves were colored with Mowed Lawn. The clip will cover the shaping and assembly.
- Spider Mum was cut from Bristol Smooth card stock. All of the petal layers were inked with Twisted Citron and Scattered Straw except for the two smallest ones which were colored with just Twisted Citron. The leaves were colored with Rustic Wilderness. The clip will cover the shaping and assembly.
- Camellia was cut from Bristol Smooth stock and the petals were colored with Picked Raspberry. The leaves were colored with Mowed Lawn. The clip will cover the shaping and assembly.
- The leafy stems and lavender were used from Mason Jar and Foliage. They were die cut from Peridot Card Stock and Mowed Lawn ink was applied lightly to the stem and base of the leaves. There is one die to cut a multitude of tiny flowers. This was cut three times from Purple Mist Cardstock.
- To assemble the lavender, the centers of the small flowers were depressed on a molding mat with the smallest ball tool. Using tweezers, each bloom was dipped in glue and adhered to the lavender stem.
- Victorian Garden Foliage has three different leafy stems. Three of each were cut from white card stock. They were colored with Rustic Wilderness, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.
- To begin the arrangement, the leafy stems and lavender were adhered first to the oval base as well as white and pink ribbon that had been curled.
- The three flowers and additional leaves were adhered.
- The arrangement was completed with Spectrum AB Color Essential Gems for a touch of sparkle.
- Pink Sand Cardstock was cut to 4” by 5.25”. The 2nd largest die from Nestabilities Essential Ovals was used to cut the panel. This panel was then used to line up the oval die on two additional panels to ensure the oval die cuts would align.
- One panel was embossed with Stylized Trellis Embossing Folder.
- The three panels were adhered together with the embossed panel on top and mounted on a cream panel of the same size before adhering it to an A2-sized, Cream Card Stock card base in landscape orientation.
- One of the pink oval die cuts was cut with the detail die from Essential Ovals. This oval was inset in the oval die cut opening.
- A birthday sentiment from Elegant Occasions Sentiments was hot foiled in Aura Glimmer Hot Foil on Pink Sand Cardstock and cut with the accompanying die. The die was also used to cut foam. The sentiment was adhered to the foam and centered on the recessed oval.
- Magnolia was cut from Cream Cardstock and the center stamens from Chamomile Card Stock. The base of each flower petal was given a light blush of pink with Spun Sugar. The leaves were colored with Mowed Lawn.
- Four leafy stems from Victorian Garden Foliage were cut; two from Mirror Gold Cardstock and two from Bristol Smooth which was colored with Mowed Lawn.
- The leafy stems and flower were adhered around the left-hand side of the oval opening.
- The edges of the flower petals were brushed with Nuvo Glitter Drops Honey Gold.
- Bisque Opalescent Sequins finished off with Nuvo Crystal Drops Morning Dew complete the card.
- Using Create A Decorative Tag, the tag die was used to cut Fern Card Stock and Mirror Gold Cardstock. A border at the bottom of the green tag was cut with one of the detail dies. The green tag was adhered to the gold one.
- The leaves and lavender from Mason Jar and Foliage were die-cut from Peridot Cardstock. Mowed Lawn ink was applied lightly to the stems and base of the leaves. There is one die to cut a multitude of tiny flowers. This was used to cut Purple Mist Cardstock two times and white card stock once.
- The lavender was assembled as outlined in the Present Topper section.
- The leaves and lavender were adhered to the tag. Adhesive was applied just on the central stems so the leaves could be hand shaped for some added dimension.
- The script happy birthday sentiment from Layered Mix and Match Sentiments was cut once from Mirror Gold Cardstock and twice from Fern Cardstock. The green die cuts were stacked and the gold one was adhered offset. The sentiment was positioned on the tag over the stems.
- Gold embellishments were placed around the leaves.
- The leaves were brushed lightly with Nuvo Glitter Drops Honey Gold.
- The tag was completed with gold ribbon for the tie.
Bristol Smooth Card Stock, Blender Brushes, Distress Oxide Ink Squeezed Lemonade, Distress Oxide Ink Picked Raspberry, Distress Oxide Ink Rustic Wilderness, Nuvo Glitter Drops Honey Gold.
I hope these projects featuring Victorian Collection fill you with anticipation for Spring. This project was made for someone who will be celebrating a birthday just as Winter gives way to the ‘season of new beginnings’ but, of course, they could easily be adapted to any occasion. Thank you very much for your visit and THINK SPRING!
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank you for the inspiration.