Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of cards made with the Kaleidoscope Arch Collection from Spellbinders. The bold patterns and beautiful florals in this collection inspired me to create three pretty cards perfect for sending a friendly hello.
Floral Letterpress Love Card
I thought the intricate floral pattern on the Kaleidoscope Flowers Press Plate was such a beautiful design that I had to pull it out first. Here I inked it up in warm colors and added a beautiful sentiment for this simple and pretty love card.
- Apply Saffron, Apricot, and Clay BetterPress ink to the Kaleidoscope Flowers Press Plate and press the design onto Porcelain Cotton Cardstock using the BetterPress System.
- Trim the panel down to 4” x 5.25”, blend Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink around the edges, and mat with Latte Cardstock before adding it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Apply Bark BetterPress Ink to the Fancy Sentiment Strips Press Plate and press onto Porcelain Cotton Cardstock.
- Cut the sentiment out with the coordinating die, ink the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and pop it up on the lower right corner with foam adhesive.
- Die cut Beeswax, Persimmon, and Latte Cardstock using the flower and leaf dies from the Stitched Kaleidoscope Arch Die Set and embellish with tiny flower bunches.
Enjoy Your Day Card
The bold greetings in the Kaleidoscope Arch Sentiments Stamp Set are wonderful, but I thought it would be fun to use the florals as a focal point instead. Add a subtle stenciled background and you have an easy floral card to send a happy hello to a friend.
- Stamp the floral arch design from the Kaleidoscope Arch Sentiments Stamp Set twice onto white cardstock using brown alcohol-friendly ink and color the images in with Copic markers.
- Die cut them out using the arch die from the Stitched Kaleidoscope Arch Die Set.
- Die cut Beeswax and Latte Cardstock using the kaleidoscope layer dies and adhere behind the arch die-cut.
- Stamp the greeting onto white cardstock using the same brown ink, die-cut it out with the coordinating die, and pop it up over the center of the floral arch with foam adhesive.
- Trim a piece of Raindrop Cardstock to 4” x 5.25” and apply white pigment ink through the Kaleidoscope Window Stencil.
- Once dry, mat the panel with Latte Cardstock and adhere it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base.
- Pop the focal image and sentiment up in the center of the card with foam adhesive.
Stitched Floral Pocket Card
Lastly, I wanted to create a pretty stitched pocket with tons of gilded florals using the Stitched Kaleidoscope Arch Die Set.
- Die cut Terra Cotta Cardstock using the arch and stitching insert from the Stitched Kaleidoscope Arch Die Set and stitch the design with gold metallic thread.
- Die cut Persimmon and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the arch layer dies and adhere behind the stitched die-cut.
- Add the sentiment banner across the top of the pocket, cut from Latte Cardstock.
- Trim a piece of Dune Cardstock to 4” x 5.25”, emboss it with the Dazzling Dots Embossing Folder, and mat it with Mirror Gold Cardstock before adhering it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base.
- Pop the stitched pocket up in the center of the card with foam adhesive, and add flowers cut from Persimmon, Beeswax, Raindrop, and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Stitched Kaleidoscope Arch Die Set.
- Embellish with Gold Mix Gems
White heavyweight cardstock, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, blending brush, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, Copic markers, white pigment ink, tape runner, foam adhesive