Hello Crafters! Nancy Leppek here from Scrapper at Heart.com and I could not be more excited to be a guest here on the Spellbinder’s Blog today! I am sharing three different Love-inspired cards using the Interactive set called, Take Action Sentiments. It certainly is easy enough and I think it adds a bit of a WOW factor when you add an action element to your handmade cards. I hope my cards inspire you to try some of your own.
You Make Me Smile Gnome Matter What
I don’t know about you, but I am such a gnome fan because you can tailor them to any Holiday and dress him/her for any occasion as I have done here.
- I cut out a white piece of cardstock using the Notched Corner Frames, channeled my Rachel Alvarado, and inked the background in pink.
- I added some splatters in black and white.
- I searched for the colors for my background to frame in the white background and adhere it to my black and white heart DSP.
- I cut out my pieces from the Gnome Hugs set, Stampendous Hugs Accessories, and Gnome Hearts Drive.
- I decided to decorate the gnome hat and hearts with the tiniest hearts to give him some character.
- I stamped the scratch-off message underneath the largest heart using Gnome Hugs Sentiments.
- I took a piece of acetate to cover the Scratch-Off Stickers from Pink and Main to make sure I didn’t mess it up when running it through my Platinum Six machine. It took me three tries to figure that out…LOL)
- I stamped the message scratch here- using Take Action Sentiments.
- It was time to assemble the card. A bit of Copics for his beard, hands, and nose.
- I used Foam Squares for added dimension.
I have a very good friend that has a birthday on Valentine’s Day and I took this opportunity to make her a very special Birthday Shaker Card.
- I first found the colors of cardstock I wanted to use and built my background.
- I cut our 3 small and larger hearts from the Gnome Hearts Drive set.
- I used my Better Press and Fancy Sentiment Strips for my greeting.
- I had first intended to make my shaker a circle but then decided what is a Birthday without a present. So I used the gift box that came in the Dancin’ and Giftin’ Mouse set. I just had to figure out how I was going to make the window to form a shaker. I was delighted to find that the smaller Notched Corner Frames fit inside the box perfectly. (Score!)
- I cut out all the pieces to my shaker. I made 6 layers of white for the frame. I like doing it that way as it is much cleaner and you don’t see the foam tape around the edges.
- I put the Waffle Flower Shaker Circle in my Platinum Six to get the window the right size. I adhered it to one of the top white pieces and then added my Heart Serenade Mix. I glued the top and added the silver bow and string.
- After the card was assembled, I added the Shake Me sentiment from the Take Action Sentiments.
I Love You This Much
I have really been enjoying the new Build a Wreath release by Suzanne Hue so I wanted to use it once again for my final card. If you have not looked at the collection I highly recommend it.
- I cut a brown circle out with the Fluted Classic Circles and adhered it to the center of my kraft base to represent the hole in a tree for Ms. Bear.
- I cut out my Build a Wreath leaves in two tones of green and assembled them to form a wreath. The gold hearts are from that set too.
I cut out the large bow from Build a Wreath and inked it up with a blending brush to give it some dimension.
- I did the same with the hearts from Stampendous Hugs Accessories and the Bear from Stampendous Bear Hugs.
- The present and its bow were cut out from Stampendous Hugs Accessories
- I Love You This Much was stamped on the inside from the Stampendous Hugs Sentiments ( one of my favorite sets) and the outside is from Take Action Sentiments.
- Time for assembly.
I want to thank Spellbinders for giving me this opportunity to guest here today as it was truly an honor. Feel free to reach out to me on my blog Scrapper at Heart, my FB page-Scrapper@heart and my – IG Page and say hello.
Happy Crafting, Nanc’