Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Merry Stitchmas Collection from Spellbinders. The beautiful and versatile patterns in this collection inspired me to create two cozy stitched backgrounds for very different occasions.
Stitched or not, the Circular Stitched Background Die is such a beautiful design for any kind of occasion. I added tons of bright stitching to create a colorful background for this fun Christmas tree card.
- Die cut white cardstock using the outline and insert dies from the Circular Stitched Background Die Set and Pink Sand Cardstock using only the outline die.
- Stitch the circles in the background panel with red, pink, teal, and green thread.
- Adhere the pink panel behind the stitched panel with liquid glue.
- Die cut Fern Cardstock using the outline and insert die from the Stitchmas Tree Die Set and Rainforest Cardstock using only the outline die.
- Stitch the tree with lime green, brown, and gold thread.
- Adhere the light green die-cut behind the stitched tree with liquid glue.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to Poppy Field Cardstock using one of the greetings from the Mini Christmas Sentiment Strips Glimmer Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. Cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Adhere the stitched background panel to the front of a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Pop the Christmas tree and sentiment up on top of the card front with foam adhesive.
Heavyweight white cardstock, embroidery thread, tape runner, foam adhesive
The Diamond Stitch Die Set reminded me of argyle as soon as I saw it, so I knew right away that I wanted to create a cozy background with it. With a couple of pumpkins from the Charming Pumpkins Stamp Set, this card is the perfect way to send warm autumn hugs.
- Trim a piece of kraft cardstock to 4” x 5.5”.
- Die cut the panel three times across the center using the insert die from the Diamond Stitch Die Set.
- Stitch each row of diamonds with a different autumn-colored thread, then stitch diagonally between the rows with cream-colored thread using the center holes of each diamond.
- Stamp the pumpkins from the Charming Pumpkins Stamp Set onto white cardstock using black alcohol-friendly ink.
- Color the images with Copic markers and fussy cut them out using scissors, leaving a thin white border.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to Pomegranate Cardstock using one of the greeting from the Mini Christmas Sentiments Glimmer Plate Set. Cut it out using the coordinating die.
- Trim a piece of Pomegranate Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and adhere it to a top-folding A2-sized kraft card base with tape runner.
- Add the stitched background panel on top with foam adhesive.
- Pop the colored images and sentiment up on top of the card front with more foam adhesive.
Kraft cardstock, Hero Arts Intense Black Ink, Copic markers, scissors, embroidery thread, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed this duo of cozy cards for different occasions and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.