Sunflower Shaker Card
Hello Friends! Today I would like to show you how to make this card using Spellbinders Sunflower Photo Holder die set from my Special Occasions Collection. This die set is also great for shaker cards. For the sentiment inside the card I used Spellbinders Happy Birthday Pop-Up and for the flowers I used Lattice Floral Basket die set. Hover over the image below to see what I used to create this card:
1. Create a 6” x 6” card base from natural white cardstock. Cover front of card with designer cardstock.
2. Cut 3 more square layers measuring 4”, 4 ¾” and 5 ½”. Distress edges and then adhere to card with foam squares.
3. Die cut 4 large sunflowers with Sunflower Photo Holder die set from designer cardstock. Die cut window to 2 of the sunflowers with smaller circle die in the set.
4. To create sunflower shaker, die cut foam circle with Standard Circles #4 and smaller circle from Sunflower die set. Die cut acetate circle and picture with Standard Circle #4.
5. To assemble sunflower shaker, layer 2 sunflower die cuts at the bottom, next layer picture, foam circle, micro-beads, acetate and lastly 2 sunflower die cuts. Use strong tape or glue between layers. Adhere sunflower shaker to center of card.
6. Die cut flowers and leaves with flower dies from Lattice Floral Basket die set using white Foamiran or white cardstock. Color with archival inks, shape and adhere to card corner. Embellish center of flowers with micro-beads. Make a bow with silk ribbon and glue under flowers.
7. Cover the inside of card with designer cardstock. Die cut Happy Birthday Pop-Up from designer cardstock. Fold at scored lines, adhere tape to tabs and then attach to inside of card center as pictured below.
Here is another pictured of the finished card. I hope you are inspired to make one too!!
Nestabilities Standard Circles SM S4-116
Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine – 6” Platform
Foam Applicator – Circle For Tool ‘N One
Other Supplies: BoBunny Autumn Song Collection, Neenah Papers Natural White Cardstock, Acetate Sheet, May Arts Crème Silk Ribbon, Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares, Foam Sheet, White Foamiran, Ranger Archival Ink Pads – Fern Green, Orange and Saffron, White Micro-beads.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful week!