Hello Spellbinders’ fans! Have you seen our newest Handmade collection by Stephanie Low? We are excited to share several cards made using these beautiful stamps and dies with you. First up is the Stitched with Love card created using Sew stamp & die set.
This is actually one of the cards we had the pleasure of teaching during a “Cardmaking with Spellbinders” class at the CREATIVATION for AFCI show back in January! The class was a hoot!
Project created by in-house designer Yana Smakula
Step By Step Instructions:
We have a full set of step by step instructions describing how to create this card. Please note we used watercolors in class to color the main image, but Copic markers were used to color the card you see on the photos in this post. Feel free to use any coloring medium you prefer!
- Stamp images in black ink onto watercolor paper.
- Cut images out using coordinating dies in Platinum die cutting & embossing machine.
Tip: Use washi tape to secure the die in place when die-cutting to make sure the die will stay in place and won’t shift during cutting.
- Color in stamped and cut out images with watercolors from the Watercolor Palette. Use a waterbrush to pick up the watercolor and transfer it onto the paper. Use clear block as a palette for blending and diluting colors.
- Practice on scrap paper first if needed.
- Set colored images aside to dry.
- Stamp a pattern on the front of an A2 card base or white cardstock panel using spool image and Soft Gray ink. Practice stamping onto scrap paper first. Adhere onto the card.
- Foam mount light gray cardstock panel onto the card in the center.
- Foam mount colored image and sentiment banner.
- Embellish the card using clear droplets.
Neenah Solar White 110 LB Cardstock; Simon Says Stamp Fog Cardstock; Arches Hot Pressed Watercolor Cardstock; Clear Block for stamping; Superior Intense Black Ink, Soft Gray ink; Simon Says Stamp Daniel Smith Yana’s Set Watercolor Palette or Simon Says Stamp Daniel Smith Debby’s Set Watercolor Palette (or Copic Markers); Water Brush;Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Adhesive, E-Z Runners Perm Strips; Be Creative Tape; White Fun Foam; Ranger Multi Matte Medium Adhesive; Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets in Small & Medium; Paper Towel; Water.
Thanks so much for joining us today! Have fun stamping!